Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual carraigway outside galway clinic

Options
  • 17-06-2008 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Heard this was closed. Anyone hear anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nope
    <<
    >>

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

yea from tom hogans to western motors

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Wasnt closed.
    Down to one lane since 14:00 to cut the verges alongside the carriageway.
    The opposite side and further in and out to oranmore was down to one lane as well at various times in the afternoon.
    They were lifting the cones again around 17:00
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I thought it ws something like an accident - why can't they do this out of peak hours :mad: Took the old Dublin road and everyone had the same idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Hennybug wrote: »
    I thought it ws something like an accident - why can't they do this out of peak hours :mad: Took the old Dublin road and everyone had the same idea :rolleyes:

It would be too expensive. Could cost 2 or 3 times as much to do it any other time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Yep. It was just said to me earlier that it was closed but i drove home there and everything seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

why can't they do this out of peak hours :mad:
    Because they're up here doing our busier roads during the night! ;)

Sorry, there was apparently an accident around 18:00 which really confused matters. Not sure if this closed the road or not.
    Not a good day for traffic in that area.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

kippy wrote: »
    Sorry, there was apparently an accident around 18:00 which really confused matters. Not sure if this closed the road or not.
    Kippy
    By then i was home and didn't give a s***e :D

By then i was home and didn't give a s***e :D

Good for you.
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Because they're up here doing our busier roads during the night! ;)

Yes I'd imagine Galway City council cut the hedges in Dublin, makes perfect sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

kippy wrote: »
    Kippy
    Not surprised if it's the same crew who cut the grass there last year. I was driving in on the fast lane of dual carraigeway across from Tom Hogans around 7pm one weekday evening, when I met a large drive-on grass mower coming against me, also in the fast lane. There were no lane restrictions or warning signs.
    Nearly sh*t a brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes I'd imagine Galway City council cut the hedges in Dublin, makes perfect sense
    They are usually done by a private operator, not the County Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

heard on radio warning people it would be closed for 15mins at 4pm for something to do with the bypass being built.
    im sure i heard it yesterday evening...in which case it will happen today

Advertisement