Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

There's a right aul mad rattle comin' out of me car when I accelerate...

Options
  • 17-06-2008 6:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Everytime I press the accelerator, something in my car rattles or resonates. It's coming from the engine I think. It doesn't resonate when I'm crusing at a constant speed though.

I've heard this coming from a lot of cars so I'm guessing it's a common problem. Anyone know what the mcjaysus it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

- worn engine mounts, causing the engine / gearbox to hit something under acceleration

- loose exhaust

just a few of the possible causes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Thanks for the quick reply.

Loose exhausht eh? Is that just a matter of tightening a few screws or would it be a garage job...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That very much depends on what's loose / broken.

Try the old shake,rattle & roll on the cold exhaust first ..see can you find something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Loose exhaust would be the first thing i would check

Advertisement