Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places I miss....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

bazz26 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the 2fm "Beat(ing) in the Street" with Electric Eddie in what is now Arthur's Quay Park?

Some of them were a bit dodgy.

was it simple minds played there one of the years? christ that was one of the most dangerous concerts of all time!! was on in pery sq another year and then in the peoples park too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

bazz26 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the 2fm "Beat(ing) in the Street" with Electric Eddie in what is now Arthur's Quay Park?

Some of them were a bit dodgy.

oh my god yeah!!totally forgot about those.yeah they were a bit dodgy. if you think they were dodgy then though imagine having one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Harpy wrote: »
    if you think they were dodgy then though imagine having one now!

Yeah wouldn't it be nice to have the ould 80s scumbags back again? They'd just windmill into you and give you a hiding with their fists. No blades were produced.

Who remembers them wearing the 'Y' Yale black and white jackets and shiny salt n' pepa trousers (worn short to show off the white socks). Here a Puma breakdance windcheater, there a Nike boot tackie - maybe a rat's tail at the back curled up, or sometimes an outright mullet with all the top spiked up (done in Scholar's trainee hairdressers in lower Thomas St.). But always - always the classic wah face.

Shame they couldn't include a clip of one of the Beat Ups on the Street in that Reelin' in the Years programme on RTE. There was a piece on breakdancers outside Todds. They might have another archive piece of Today Tonight on Southill with some lad who was into graffitti spraying trying to get into Tropics nightclub and being refused on the door. Cutting edge social conscience journalism in 80s Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I remember there was a beat in the street in like 1998 in Baker Place/Pery St.
    It was sponsored by KitKat.

That was the last one as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 samhain's son

LB6 wrote: »
    Talking about memory lane. You lot may be too young - but anybody remember the Pink Elephant?:eek: Saw Status Quo there - sometime early to mid 80's

yea. used to see Celtic Fusion up stairs there after falling down the road from Buddies, great times back then when we had little money. Now we have more money and can't go out at all. Samhain's son other half

• Advertisement
Advertisement