Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Forum

• 17-06-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Is anybody interested in this forum anymore

No post for 144 hrs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

barnicles for mod. If anybody can sort this sorry mess of a forum out its barnacles. The current mods are a disgrace to hobby radios all around the world. In fact Pighead would hazard a guess that the fcukers don't even know what a hobby radio is. Out with the old, in with the barnicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Hobby radio, Nah never heard of it. What is it a small plastic clock radio thingy you can bring into the shower with you. I mean if you into bulidng radios in this day and age, then your into electronics.

If your into electronics and still trying to build your hobby radio after so long then maybe its no longer a hobby for them or if your into electronics and they have built one they have moved onto the thousands of other electrical gadgets you can build once you managed a radio. Just a possibility.

I just googled Hobby radio and I have discovered it's about CB's and stuff.
    Truckers and smokey and the bandit stuff. That was all the rage in the 1980's
    and I am surprised it's still hobby radio. What size are these radios now and does satillite give you unlimited range?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's a minority hobby, hence no posts sometimes for weeks. Also we are busy playing with our Wireless Sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

barnicles wrote: »
    Is anybody interested in this forum anymore

No post for 144 hrs

so watt? (pun intended)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bluenarf

i think that the age range that this forum contains, and the age range of amateur radio just don't match, there might be a small overlap, and a few exceptions, but my guess is that yong people just dont exist in the hobby. (bar the few)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

humaxf1 wrote: »
    so watt? (pun intended)

Personally I think he should be "band". I'll happily "wave" him goodbye.

I'll get me coat. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bluenarf

for every pun you make a kitten dies!!!!

FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE, THINK OF THE KITTENS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Been honest, as it was said above there aren't many people on boards that are interested in hobby radio. So for the few of us that are we can't always be posting the same thing over and over again. The reason I don't post much here anymore was cause lately I've been busy with work, and where I am living now there aren't many freqs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

New mod. Hi watty :D

Advertisement