Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifteens

• 17-06-2008 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Any of you from north of the border will be familiar with these boyos. They take about ten minutes to make. They're unbelievably bad for you and equally delicious. Perfect for parties where you need simple finger-desserts. They get made for kids but it's the adults who devour them. :) Great with fresh coffee. I usually make double this amount and it makes a great stack of them.

Makes one log:

15 digestive biscuits, crushed
    15 cherries
    15 marshmallows, cut in two (scissors helpful here)
    Approximately half a can of condensed milk
    75g dessicated coconut

In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except coconut. Using your hands, form this into a ball of "dough". It should not be too dry, so add some more of the milk if necessary.

Lay a large sheet of grease-proof paper on a flat surface and sprinkle liberally with the coconut. Form your ball of dough into a log (or sausage shape) and press onto the greaseproof paper, rolling the coconut well into it.

Roll the log up into the paper firmly and place in the fridge overnight, or at least for several hours. When chilled and firm, cut into slices and enjoy. Yum.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They sound fab - I've saved the recipe. I'll definitely make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

mmm i love these now, used to hate them as a kid, as i didn't like the cherries - you need to point out that it's the glaced cherries that go in and not fresh. so simple but they're so good

and they're not that bad for you, it's hardly deep fried pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Ah yes - glacé cherries is of course what I meant. Thanks for the correction!

Advertisement