Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Mature student info needed!

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

HI there,

Im going back to study in september full time and i qualify for that BTEA thingy, where u get to keep your social welfare payments.
    But anyone know if you could also get a grant?! or is it one or the other. aslo it cost a grand to stay at this particular college. could that be paid for also!
    im sure the info is here somewhere but there is just so much links and pages. i have dial up so it hurts my head -(

Comments

Hi Mr Tim Bucktoo,

Have a look at this link, copied below:
    I am enrolling in a course approved for a maintenance grant. I expect to qualify for the BTEA. Will this affect my maintenance grant application?
    No.

I have been approved for a maintenance grant, does this make me ineligible to receive BTEA?

No, your eligibility for BTEA is not affected by any maintenance grant you may get.

If there's anything else feel free to ask away :)

Dónal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

thanks, had a look at that site. dont think the this particular college is eligable for the maintenance grant. oh well. just have to get some money off the bro!

Well if it isn't mentioned it's worth ringing up to find out. There was a court case earlier on this year which allowed a student in a private college get a grant (the first!), so it could change for this year.

Keep in mind that the regulations haven't been set for this year yet, so there could be changes still planned which haven't been put online yet. Honestly, give your Council/VEC a bell - it might be worth saving hassling your brother over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi OP

Your Back To Education Allowance entitlements are separate to the maintenance grant. You will have to contact your local VEC and ask for a grant application form. They will access your application. Good luck. I too am returning to full time education as a MS commencing in Sept 08. Enjoy your studies. :)

thanks and may god help us!

• Advertisement

why is this thread , thread of the day!
    i feel special!

A random thread that's started the previous day is chosen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's good news all round, isn't it. Lets have a quick discussion about what course people are doing and why?

I will start

Going to start an Hons Degree In Sligo IT and doing Performing Arts

Why? I have worked in Film/TV both at home and overseas and want to work on a floor supervising others, Floor Manager. I also have developed contacts in the industry and will be learning Spanish alongside my other studies.

Advertisement