Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G25 Stand

• 17-06-2008 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered one of these online so I could use my trusty G25 with my PS3 (and now my PC too!) on the big plasma from the couch.

http://wheelstandpro.com/

N-G25-1-640.jpg

It arrived today and I have to say its 125 euro inc delivery well spent. I got a USB extension cable, and I can now play rfactor on PC or Gran Turismo on the PS3 both on the 1080p plasma from the couch. Its more than sturdy enough for the job, and easy to fold away and put in the cupboard under the stairs to keep it away from the kids....and keep the missus happy.

It gives a really good experience on the TV and I felt it worthy of a mention in here.

I may have to find the perfect seat to go with it and then I will be set :)

Inq

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Clever little setup,wasted on a ps3 though :)
    Ifyour into this sort of thing you should checkout the building cockpit forums on racesim central ,heres the link for you http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Damn I thought you'd gotten the G25 for €125. That's a cool stand, now I want one.

I want to get the G25 myself, whats the spacing like on the pedals? I have fairly big feet I'm hoping it won't be to cramped with the clutch in there too. I assume you could easily change the clutch to brake? Do you get much use out of the clutch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

ScumLord wrote: »
    ...I assume you could easily change the clutch to brake?...
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What? If you don't need the clutch wouldn't it be more comfortable to switch the brake to the outside peddle? I can't see me getting all that much use out of the clutch in any racers because sequential gears are the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 c0rn

That stand looks nice. Really clever idea.

I just got my RinoSeat yesterday, though it is about twice that price but damn is it nice to sit in =)

• Advertisement
Advertisement