Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What alternatives are there to Phonewatch?

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I just got a bill from Phonewatch and snotty letter stating I would have to "return their property" if I decided not to renew.

I am in the market for a new monitored alarm system.

Any other companies else in the Dublin area?

Thanks,

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Hi S,

If they're not on the attached link, dont go near them:

http://www.psa.gov.ie/psa/psa.nsf/8323CBA191C013C880257143002C9E9D/$File/Installer%20(Intruder%20Alarm)%20Licence%20Holders%20(16-06-2008).pdf

My advice would be to shop around. Chances are your system is wireless. 99% of the installers on this list will be able to supply you with a wireless system. Make sure they are supplying you with an Aritech wireless system. Its the most reliable and apart from the control panel its the same equipment used by your existing supplier. Aswell as the installation charge, make sure to check out their maintenance and monitoring fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

I always recommend tmssecurity.ie for any alarms I've wired, they have a monitoring service same as eircom.
    in fact a lot of alarm companies can offer you this service as it is operated from a few central stations.
    Eircom just charge more to cover their marketing budget etc.

tms' office is in offaly but one of the partners is based in dublin.

Advertisement