Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query regarding letters and post

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭

Apologies to Admin if I'm posting this in the wrong section...

I have a very important letter that will deffo be in the post tomorrow, exam results. If I go to my local sorting office in the morning with photographic ID and a utility bill at about 8am, will they give me the letter? We usually don't get post until early afternoon so I'm hoping the relevant postie will still be there.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I suspect it really depends on where you are in the country. I know in the country, you can get letters from the postman/woman anywhere you meet them on their rounds, but then s/he probably knows you anyway. I'm not sure how it would work in the city areas though. Also, you would need to know where your sorting office is, but it's probably worth a try, if you can get them to answer a door......which could be the challenging bit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Probably not. The letter would be buried in a mass of letters to be delivered, and would be too much hassle to find. Also, 8AM is probably going to be about 3 hours too late. AFAIK, it's a legal responsibility for the post office to attempt a delivery at your address. You can pay to have your mail held at the sorting office, but apart from that, it must go to the address on the envelope.

Advertisement