Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log Tables next year???

Options
  • 17-06-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Did I hear correctly that next year, all the necessary maths formulae will be included in the new and improved log tables?? or was that just a rumour?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Did I hear correctly that next year, all the necessary maths formulae will be included in the new and improved log tables?? or was that just a rumour?? :confused:
    Will they be handwritten. They always were.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Would they be for both levels or just ordinary. What formulae???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leomessi

Ya it's true, our teacher is head of the aisti and he said so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭The LeavyC

leomessi wrote: »
    Ya it's true, our teacher is head of the aisti and he said so

thats absolute bull****!!! thats so unfair! its gonna be so much easier to get an A in maths then... kinda takes from previous year's results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

Be wonderful if the result was that 15 years down the line all the engineer type people in Ireland were complete eejits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If Maths was as easy as just learning off a formula I'd have aced it no bother, this won't make that much of a difference

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

Not happening next year, the year after. 1st years this year don't have to know ****, or people doing TY. And this years 2nd year wont need to know them for their LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

well, haven't heard about it really..and would it happen next year tho?do they not need a whole debate thing :p

but is Ireland the only country has something like a log table and is allowed to use in exams..he he

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

That's because it's really the only country with exams that it applies to, and that it's harder exams than quite a lot of other countries (uk/us)..

Haven't heard of this until now, but tbh, won't make much difference.
    thats absolute bull****!!! thats so unfair! its gonna be so much easier to get an A in maths then... kinda takes from previous year's results.

And the science courses changed X time ago, etc etc etc, the leaving cert course is always changing, generally making it easier to get an A too, if you do the work. I remember a mate having to go through a MASSSIVE book on all science subjects for the leaving, for the old course. New course is easier, does that take from it too? Is it unfair too?

Advertisement