Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

age difference: how old is too old or does it really matter??

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Smite them all! Jk, keep doing what you do. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tingting

I'm tingting. If it doesn't matter, it really doesn't matter. The thing is. does it matter to you?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

All I know is that I'm her Mum & if it works, then that's ok - like I said, as long as they're happy - if it doesn't work out, then I'm still her Mum & will be there to pick up the pieces.

Sometimes, I think that being a parent one way works for some & not for others & if someone thinks they have it right for their family - then carry on & best of luck! :)

I think that pretty much sums it up. While certain things in other families mightn't sit well with a person, it doesn't mean they have the right to tell the parents how to raise their kids. Your daughter knows she has your support, regardless of the outcome, and that can only be a good thing.

PillyPen wrote: »
    Smite them all!

Hmmm, smiting eh? Must give that a go sometime. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Went on a date last night with a guy 11 years older than me. My friends think it's weird but... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

So that's why you werent at nocturnal beers.

For shame!

SHAME!

Was the age an issue out of curiousity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Fair play N&S for how you dealt with that situation. It cant have been easy for you when your daughter was only fifteen because I know even at the age of twenty, because Im the youngest in my family, my own mum finds it hard to understand that Im a responsible person who is well capable of making good decisions on my own. You obviously have a great relationship with your daughter which not everyone can say.

Advertisement