Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing contacts before laser consultation?

• 17-06-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

I had my laser eye consultation last week and the night before I wore my contacts for an hour and a half for tag rugby, at the time I thought nothing of it but do you think I couldve messed up the tests?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

You're probably better off contacting the place you got it done in. The reason why you're not supposed to wear them for a good while coming up to the consultation is that they can alter the shape of your eye which means any measurement taken could be skewed. If an hour and a half makes much of a difference I don't know, doesn't sound like too long anyway. Where you wearing them often coming up to the consultation before then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Jip wrote: »
    You're probably better off contacting the place you got it done in. The reason why you're not supposed to wear them for a good while coming up to the consultation is that they can alter the shape of your eye which means any measurement take could be skewed.

Exactly, good explanation there.
    We can't exactly advise (unless there are experts here :)) on if it affected your tests.

You should contact the clinic before going any further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I think it depends on the type of tests that they were carrying out. Contact them and ask.

If they say that it may have affected the test results, and they hadn't told you before hand not to wear them, then you should reconsider using them for the operation.

Advertisement