Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 2 saves Vista

Options
  • 17-06-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where Fallout 2 save files go in Vista?

I tried importing my old save game files but I cannot work out where vista hides it's save files for Fallout 2.

I tried making a new save file but still no luck.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Most old games keep their save games in the game directory. Some newer ones put them in a folder in My Documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not sure what I expected from this thread, but I feel misled by the title:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yea i though vista was ****ed and somehow fallout 2 had saved it.
    dam tabloid jornoulists

also

http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/fallout-1-2-and-tactics-37/problem-with-fallout-2-a-88932.html

learn to google

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i too thought fo2 saved the day.

of course as far as im concerned, fallout 2 is the solution to nearly every problem in day to day life.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

three cheers to fallout 2, whatever it done!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

Is this a thinly veiled attempt to win the respect of the gaming forum by letting us all know that, despite the fact you have a shiny new rig, you're keeping it real by playing the old classics?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Anyone know where Vista, running on my dual core, 4gb ram & 1tb HDD puts your Zork II save files?

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

mayordenis wrote: »

Yes, I did that.
    That forum didn't help, my pc doesn't save in those places.

Now, kindly 120px-GTFO.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

even though it's directed at me I still find it funny, have you tried creating the folder mentioned and putting it in there??
    or possible making a new game and saving it with a weird name like "getthe****out" and then just doin a search for any file called "getthe****out"?

Yup, tried all that.

I do google stuff before asking for help on boards y'know, but Vista is a nightmare for me when trying tofind savegames. Took me ages to find Oblivion but Fallout stuff boggles my belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Worst thread title ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Fallout 2 to the rescue!

Praetorian wrote: »
    Worst thread title ever :)

I didn't even realize what a misleading title it was until people started remarking on it.

*hangs head*

Advertisement