Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilbur Smith Courtneys style books

Options
  • 17-06-2008 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for books similar to Wilbur Smith's Courtney's group of books.
    I read most of the Courtney series and couldn't put them down.

I'm not a very active reader but this series of books got me hooked at the time and I've tried to find others similar but never fond anything that fit (maybe Lord of the Rings).
    The earlier books in the series based in the in India really float my boat, historically based in the 15th/16th/17th/18th century I suppose with plenty of action.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You might like to try "The Religion" by Tim Willocks - it's only a single book, but it felt like the same vein.

Have you read all of the Courtney series?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Thanks, I'll have a look for it tomorrow evening.
    No I haven't read the complete series and I lent out my books to a friend a couple of years ago (books unseen since) so I'm not exactly sure which ones I missed.
    I also see the Balentyne series by Wilbur Smith, is this in a similar vein?

I'd prefer to try a different author. I tried a couple of Smiths more recent ones, set in Egypt but I didn't like them, overcomplex for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Definitely try the Ballantyne series. I like the Egyptian series but not as much as the Courtneys.

Advertisement