Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spot the Difference....

Options
  • 17-06-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

opinions lads...what do ye rekon??. I know its only guessing without actually seeing the car in the flesh.

Basically the first mage is of an 04 Diesel accord, an I-CDTI, all is OK with that.
    The second image is of a different 04 Diesel accord (Registered as an I-CDTI), but check out, what looks like a DYI "tDI" badge thats on this one.

Cargiant offered the excuse that the badge may have "fallen off". Not a chance methinks. It either had a rear impact or someone knicked the original off it??

ictdibq6.th.jpg
    tdiqy4.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Badges are constantly being robbed off our cars, but then again, if they have two, just don't but the "TDI" one :p... If they had taken of that badge and put on the CDTi badge u wouldn't of known the difference. If the rest of the car is ok, i wouldn't be too pushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it seems to be the original badge reapplied with the i and T missing, probably accident damaged.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    it seems to be the original badge reapplied with the i and T missing, probably accident damaged.

Not nesscesarily addicent ie. crashed. Could of been scratched etc. and alot places won't retail, not people buy cars for 20K + with scratches on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Yeh, hard to say without inspecting the cars up close. Most resprays are apparent if you look closely enough at edges or behind panels. Some of those supermarket car places should really have a paint depth gauge (even a cheap basic one) which tells straight away if a car has had paint. Nowhere to hide. If in doubt just walk away. Accords nice and all as they are, are plentiful so easily sourced.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not nesscesarily addicent ie. crashed. Could of been scratched etc. and alot places won't retail, not people buy cars for 20K + with scratches on them...

What sort of bodyshop can't replace a badge properly though?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What sort of bodyshop can't replace a badge properly though?

HAh! I got back a car before and the bonnet was still tacky to touch if u understand me. The paint wasn't fully dry. I also have to sit at my desk every day and look at the back of an S-class with the CDi part stuck on in a circular motion lol. It can and has been done.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

its just put doubt in my mind....i had done a HPI check on her, which seemed to check out.....only spotted the dodgy badge afterwards

On another point, check out the milage check, i entered "496465" by accident, it should have been "49646". HPI didn't seem to mind the car had nearly half a million miles on it..:eek:

I assume that the milage register has no record of the milage, should it, or is it common enough not to have a record of it??

milageax4.th.jpg

Advertisement