Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Inchicore

Options
  • 17-06-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi everybody,

I live in Inchicore and I want to get the internet in, unfortunatelly there don't seem to be too many options. I don't need to download stuff really but I need a good speed as I intend to use it for Skype calls, uploading pictures etc. I have a laptop so something I could use in all the rooms would be great.
    Can anyone who lives in the area give me any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pedropumpalot

Irish broadband are on ESB Inchicore which is connected straight onto fibre so latency and packet loss shouldn't be a problem. Quality of connection all depends on LOS to the High Site.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There should be plenty of options in Inchicore - it looks as if Smart could be availlable to you. Possibly NTL too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Pretty much every provider is in Inchicore. Ntl, Eircom, IBB, Clearwire and all of the others that come through the phoneline like Perlico. I had smart when I lived there and they were brilliant but that was before they fell apart. My folks now have eircom 2m and it's painfully slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Judee

I wanted to get NTL broadband as I have their TV but it wasn't available a couple of months ago, don't think anything changed.
    I don't want to pay for line rental as I don't need it...
    Pedropumpalot, when u say Irish Broadband do u mean Ripwave? I wanted to get that but then I read lots of complaints about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Judee wrote: »
    I wanted to get NTL broadband as I have their TV but it wasn't available a couple of months ago, don't think anything changed.
    I don't want to pay for line rental as I don't need it...
    Pedropumpalot, when u say Irish Broadband do u mean Ripwave? I wanted to get that but then I read lots of complaints about it?
    Ripwave is crap. Breeze or dsl is better. If you can , try Smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Hi, I just bought a house in Inchicore but I haven't moved in yet as it's being renovated. I'm still considering who to go with for broadband. I'm on BT's 24MB broadband right now and I want the fastest possible speed I can get.

Eircom is definately out of the question as I'll never use them ever again. I checked with NTL just after I bought the house but they said they don't provide broadband at my address. BT's online line checker said they don't have broadband at my address. Smart's line checker says they can provide their services at my number. Is there anyone out there in Inchicore who is using Smart?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Magnet are available in most areas in Inchicore.

Advertisement