Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox 3.0 released now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Was using beta 5 for a month or so, liked it. Good to see it's out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭wiredup

First impression, I don't like it.
    Hate the new address bar which seems to suggest sites by alphabetical order rather than recently visited as before.

My downloads now download to some hidden folder instead of the desktop and no option to choose where.

Load speed is faster but to be honest, I regret installing it so far today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

wiredup wrote: »
    First impression, I don't like it.
    Hate the new address bar which seems to suggest sites by alphabetical order rather than recently visited as before.

My downloads now download to some hidden folder instead of the desktop and no option to choose where.

Load speed is faster but to be honest, I regret installing it so far today :(

Honestly, some people just don't get it. Watch this vid and all will be revealed. I love the "awesome" bar now. Some great new features in FF3. You can save downloaded files wherever you like, just change the directory in the preferences or you can set it to ask you each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The so called "awesome bar" is brilliant, this version jumps Firefox so far ahead of IE now... Pity more people don't use it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Also, there's a big ass thread about FF3 over in Computers & Technology - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055315485

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I like the functionality of it, I've been using the RC for a while.

But I think it looks a bit too much like a kids toy. Would prefer if the UI was a little slicker

joker77 wrote: »
    I like the functionality of it, I've been using the RC for a while.

But I think it looks a bit too much like a kids toy. Would prefer if the UI was a little slicker

:rolleyes: try this, I posted it in the other thread in comp/tech as well, might be what your lookin for.

To give Firefox a Vista look? Not exactly what I was looking for no, but it'll do. I just think the different colour buttons look tacky, the old Firefox UI looks 'newer'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Awesome Bar is great. Especially for quickly going to forums or threads on boards. If I want the Windows forum, i just type "boa win" (down, enter) and I'm there. Or for this thread "boa fire".

Very very quick once you get used to it. No need to fiddle through the drop down menus for different forums on boards.

Just installed that plugin, am using XP SP3. Looks gank

• Advertisement

Sorry, assumed it was vista

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

wiredup wrote: »

Tools > Options

Look for where it says Downloads in the MAIN Tab. You can change it there. Same place it was in FF2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭wiredup

Soundman wrote: »
    Tools > Options

Look for where it says Downloads in the MAIN Tab. You can change it there. Same place it was in FF2.

Thanks but FF2 had the option to choose where on the download popup which was not present on FF3 when I downloaded a file and then had to search around trying to find it. Little niggle I know but surely it would be more flexible to give an option of where to download to on each download instead of changing global preferences everytime.

Overall I cannot see what the fuss is about with FF3, still find the 'awesome bar' less than awesome.

One thing I wish they could improve is the amount of time FF takes to load itself from fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Awesome bar is awesome.

Downloads are exactly the same as in FF2. Just look at the options. You can set it to ask you where to download to every time. By default it will just download to your desktop, just like in FF2.

Advertisement