Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surround Sound System, Reception

• 17-06-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently purchased a surround sound system, and the reception for the radio is terrible, with the cable provided. I can barely pick up 2FM or Today FM.
    The system is beside my TV aerial, which I could easily split into 2(either from my Sky box, or directly from the aerial), but before I do this, will this work, or is there any other/better way of improving the signal?
    Thanks in advance for your support,
    Patrick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Pop into Peats or Maplins and get yourself and indoor or outdoor aerial. You can take an audio feed off your Sky or UPC box and feed it in to your Aux input but you you will not got all the FM stations that are available in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

The aerial input is the same as a TV, female input, however will plugging the co-axial from the sky box work via the Sky boxes RF out work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Antenna

pjjk90 wrote: »
    I can barely pick up 2FM or Today FM.
    The system is beside my TV aerial, which I could easily split into 2(either from my Sky box, or directly from the aerial), but before I do this, will this work, o

your UHF TV aerial would be fairly useless at FM radio.

A 'rabbits ears' set-top aerial (the type with two telescopic rods) would work better than a piece of wire
    better still if you can run a cable up to the attic and put FM aerial there instead

maybe you are just not tuned to the best frequencies as the 2fm and Today fm transmissions for your area (Dundalk) are outside the usual sections of the band -
    2FM is on 97.O
    and Today FM is on 1O5.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

If you purchase an FM roof aerial & you live in Dundalk you will also have access to the Northern FM Stations > including the BBCs :)

Who needs 'Today' FM if you can receive BBC Radio One + Radio 2 + .......

"Get a FM Roof Aerial"

Advertisement