Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Playing burned cd's in a Nissan problem

Options
  • 17-06-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

The other half has a nissan note and I burned a cd-r(Memorex 80min) for her but it refuses to play. Burned it as normal with Nero and the file format is a Cd Audio. Anyone recommend a cd-r that works in the note

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Burn it at a slow speed, such as x1 or x2 The problem is that the CD-ROMs in some cars are fairly crap, and so won't play CD's that you burnt too fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Most stock head units that come standard in cars are dated and cr*p, It may be worth while changing it for a decent branded MP3 compatible unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers lads,Syco will try the slow speed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

cubix wrote: »
    The other half has a nissan note and I burned a cd-r(Memorex 80min) for her but it refuses to play. Burned it as normal with Nero and the file format is a Cd Audio. Anyone recommend a cd-r that works in the note

Thanks

Is it a Clarion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Thanks

Also make sure that you finalise the disk.
    Some CD writing programs will leave the disk open, so it can be written to again. But more basic CD readers have problems with those disks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Slowing it down to 4x burn speed seems to have sloved the problem. Vectra tried playing it in my one which is a clarion but no joy, so whats the secret with clarions

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Slowing it down to 4x burn speed seems to have sloved the problem. Vectra tried playing it in my one which is a clarion but no joy, so whats the secret with clarions

Thanks

I had a primera with a 6 disc player in the boot a couple of year ago and my local Nissan dealer sent 5 units back to them as "Faulty" untis. as they were Skipping like mad.
    I tried every brand of blank discs I could posibly find.
    In the end I gave up with it.
    Sold the car :D

Advertisement