Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rubber seals around windows etc.

Options
  • 17-06-2008 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Morning:D
    As above the rubber seals around my windows are a bit faded looking. They aren't damaged so i'm wondering does any1 know of a tricks or good buys that will revive them a bit?
    Thanks
    LM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I Auto Glym stuff, can't remember the name of it, put it on a cloth and rub it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I Auto Glym stuff, can't remember the name of it, put it on a cloth and rub it in.

I must try Halfords tomorrow. Does it keep them or do u have to do it every so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

WD40 does wonders!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Celulose thinners is excellent but make sure it dose not get on any of the paint work :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Celulose thinners is excellent but make sure it dose not get on any of the paint work :eek:

Hah! I was getting worried there as i read thinners lol, i'd have to pass on that i wouldn't trust myself!!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Morning:D
    As above the rubber seals around my windows are a bit faded looking. They aren't damaged so i'm wondering does any1 know of a tricks or good buys that will revive them a bit?
    Thanks
    LM
    Once the rubber seals are fully washed and dried out first, 303 Aerospace Protectant will give decent protection from UV fading & drying out. Will darken/blacken them slightly as well and without been too wet or glossy looking.

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428&CFID=26345176&CFTOKEN=15435632

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No offence but I wouldn't let that stuff within 20 feet of my car - especially not on rubber, it melts the surface and causes all sorts of problems.

Any wax+silicone based polish should work well on rubber - even Mr.sheen or pledge does a decent job.

Advertisement