Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes for FF3

Options
  • 17-06-2008 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭

All my sites are fine.

Anybody got any issues??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Not so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

So far so good.

The one problem I had, was fixed by changing one value on a css file. Brilliant. Was expecting at least a few serious errors along the FF3 development road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

No problems at all.

Very happy with it. Page rendering noticeably faster. Recommend everyone upgrades!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A couple of CMS backends that make heavy use of Javascript are incompatible until you upgrade them, so I've had to downgrade on my Mac at work.

Bit of a pain, but we'll probably fix the CMS soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

nevf wrote: »
    The one problem I had, was fixed by changing one value on a css file.
    Can you elaborate please. It might be a gotcha that would be useful to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The only problem I see is on this board where the dropdown menu goes behind the flash banner on the top, the digiweb one

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Namesco wrote: »
    The only problem I see is on this board where the dropdown menu goes behind the flash banner on the top, the digiweb one
    Should be fixed now; I'm pretty sure Firefox 3 is the only browser that actually treats DHTML w/ flash correctly, even if it is bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

CuLT wrote: »
    Should be fixed now; I'm pretty sure Firefox 3 is the only browser that actually treats DHTML w/ flash correctly, even if it is bloody annoying.

For reference, just in case, what was the solution pls?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

tricky D wrote: »
    For reference, just in case, what was the solution pls?
    Setting "wmode" to "transparent" in the flash parameters.

It should work for most things, but there's one or two ads we've gotten in where using that parameter made the ad more or less invisible, so it's not a flawless solution really. More of a hack. For the ones it didn't work with, I stuck them into an iframe, which was an even worse hacky way of doing it.

Advertisement