Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optional sleep

Options
  • 18-06-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to sleep at all, where if we wanted escape from reality we could just plug ourselves into a sleep dream unconsious machine at our own leisure. I find sleep is a hindrance. For example imagine how much more things you could do if you didn't have to sleep. Way more free time.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to sleep at all, where if we wanted escape from reality we could just plug ourselves into a sleep dream unconsious machine at our own leisure. I find sleep is a hindrance. For example imagine how much more things you could do if you didn't have to sleep. Way more free time.

Yeah, I'd love 8 extra hours awake. I'd have more time not working or studying to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i greatly enjoy sleep! what else would i do with my mornings if i didn't sleep during them? i would've gone to college all year? pffft! i love sleeping i just don't sleep at the regularly scheduled sleeping hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The way I see it I don't have enough time to get anything important done but too much time to be able to afford entertainment for all my waking hours.
    So it's either a good long sleep or none at all.
    This current 8 hours thing isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I would love not to sleep at all but then agan it can be a way of escaping the harsh realities of life
    eg. doing something stupid when drunk ,a really bad day

Sleep breaks up some of the mundane things we do in our day to day lives

I would love if we could extend days to like 30 hours :)

ps
    I was taking the p*ss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

fonpokno wrote: »
    i greatly enjoy sleep! what else would i do with my mornings if i didn't sleep during them? i would've gone to college all year? pffft! i love sleeping i just don't sleep at the regularly scheduled sleeping hours....

Ah yes, goin to bed when the 'real world folks' are getting up, how i miss that, i've had to learn how to go to bed at 11 and be up at 7 all over again... as soon as the summer is over and i head back to college, its bed a 5am up at 11am... FTW!

• Advertisement

Eating, sleeping, ****ing. That is the whole point of life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I would love if we could extend days to like 30 hours :)

I've given this very thing a lot of thought you know. I think I'd be better off in a 36 hour day where I could work 8 hours, sleep 8 hours and arse about doing the things I want to do for the remaining 20.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kharn wrote: »
    I've given this very thing a lot of thought you know. I think I'd be better off in a 36 hour day where I could work 8 hours, sleep 8 hours and arse about doing the things I want to do for the remaining 20.

You know I think most nocturnally types would agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Kharn wrote: »

Or you could get your entire weeks work done in a day and arse around for the other 6...

Advertisement