Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf course in Tralee

Options
  • 18-06-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,598 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, i was wondering if someone could offer some advice on a golf course in Tralee? My brothers wedding is coming up and he's not an out and out drinker, so i'm looking into a day of a few of us golfing instead with pints in Tralee afterwards. There seem to be plenty of great courses there, but the problem is our range in ability will be from good (14ish handicap) to very bad, as in people like myself who have only played maybe 6 or 7 times. Id like to book a place where we wouldn't be made feel to uncomfortable for not being top notch. Just anything a bit relaxed and not too challenging.

Really hope you guys can help,
    regards,
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but Ardfert Golf Club sounds like the kind of place to go. Only about 4 miles from Tralee it is quite a casual place. Not a great course and a few of the holes cross over so you need to watch out! But it is the kind of place that nobody would turn there nose up at people that play on the day but wouldn't normally. Perfect for a stag party. Wear the wellys and jeans and im sure you will feel very at home.
    If you are more keen for a good course but still reasonable on the pocket I would suggest Castelisland GC. Good challenging course and about 10 miles from Tralee. Good steak served in clubhouse also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

this is probably too late but castlegregory golf club is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 kerryview

I agree - Ardfert would be ideal!! You and the lads will have great craic - and there's a good pub or too in Ardfert too. A nice little parklands.

Advertisement