Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trout fishing in eastern region

Options
  • 18-06-2008 3:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Anyone catching any nice trout around louth or meath etc?? Was fishing on the fane river, and the glyde river, caught nothing yet though. Has anyone else had any luck?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pduffy50

Were abouts on the fane are you fishing, you fly fishing or using spinners??

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

I've fished the Boyne pretty much all over ... Up there with one of the best trout rivers on the east coast IMO. Decent average size too (Well over a pound). Around Slane castle would be one of my favourite spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 headphone

any god river fishing around the boyne in drogheda, what can i fish for and what bait do i need, planning to go there this weekend... thanks for any advice :).. fish on guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pat77

Anyone catching any nice trout around louth or meath etc?? Was fishing on the fane river, and the glyde river, caught nothing yet though. Has anyone else had any luck?

hi, am travelling to wexford next week. does anyone know of any small trout streams around bannow area?
    Also, do i need a liscence for brown trout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Glydeside white

pduffy50 wrote: »
    Were abouts on the fane are you fishing, you fly fishing or using spinners??

Was fishing at the bridge there, on the main ardee dundalk road, and i was using spinners maggots and worms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pduffy50

Was fishing at the bridge there, on the main ardee dundalk road, and i was using spinners maggots and worms.

The best part of the fane for trout I find is Magony Bridge, its abot 10 min drive from dundalk out the castlebalney road. I normally Fly fish but worms and spinners are just as successful. Magony bridge is were the river is stocked from, it was stocked recently with 500-800 brown trout so there is alot of fish there. let me know and i can send you a Map on how to get there.

Advertisement