Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Rates

• 18-06-2008 3:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey just wondering what everyone is doing about their water bill. The ifa says not to pay it until they sort out a fairer method. Some of my neighbours dont even have meters installed and water lost in pipes through bursts and bad connections in the system are being charged to farmers as waste water.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I paid to have a meter installed, and am quite happy to pay for the metered water (as Viola, who are acting for Sligo Co. Co.) were suggesting my water usage was almost 8 times more than what the meter says.

If you're a serious user of water- perhaps it might be worthwhile sinking a borehole? There is a crowd in Dunshaughlin who did a massive advertising campaign there about 2 years ago. Its pricey for a lined well, and you will need a little pump house, but depending on what your waterbill is, it could work out to be quite economical. I was looking at a standalone system with a mobile generator- it feeds a 10,000 litre tank which is mounted by a diesel tank, and gravity in turn takes care of water pressure.

Perhaps its time to look around and explore what the alternates are?

Advertisement