Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The circuit courts

• 18-06-2008 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm due to receive some compo for an accident since April. Initially i was told by my solicitor there was a 3 week delay. Then he added another delay and another. Kept saying the courts system is delayed. He keeps doing this approx one week before it's new 'due' date. Just wondering is it normal for the courts to be slow to issue compensation which was held for a minor?

The courts close in 2 weeks i heard and i'm anxious because the money is needed to pay somethings off.

Is there anything I can do to speed this process up? i feel like my solicitor is keeping me in the dark about something

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The Courts are slow, and if you want to find out more you can ask about it in your local circuit court office. They might simply confirm what your solicitor is saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

From my experience payments out of Court are exceptionally slow, remember you're dealing with civil servants.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

The Courts are slow, and if you want to find out more you can ask about it in your local circuit court office. They might simply confirm what your solicitor is saying.

Where would I find this info? so it's basically normal for em to take forever?
    It's going through the four courts AFAIK

Now playing: The Coral - Dreaming of You
    via FoxyTunes

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

congo_90 wrote: »
    Where would I find this info? so it's basically normal for em to take forever?
    It's going through the four courts AFAIK

If it is the circuit court, then the circuit court office in Dublin. If it is the High Court, then the central office, also in Dublin. Ring the courts service or go to their website: www.courts.ie 018886000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

congo_90 wrote: »
    The courts close in 2 weeks i heard and i'm anxious because the money is needed to pay somethings off.

The court offices don't close so get onto the circuit court involved and ask them about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement