Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Q

• 18-06-2008 4:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭

Back at ma Madrés place again for the summer, and I thought I do her a nice one. I want to upgrade her Win2k Pro machine to run with Windows XP pro. Its well within reccomended specs with 512 RAM and 1.8Ghz and was just wondering if I need to know anything in advance; or do I just fúck the XP disc and the drive and start clicking buttons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Make a note of the device drivers you will need, unless you have discs already for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Probably be a good idea to backup all data before hand.. don't want to be going 'awh ****, my X was on that' half way during a format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

would XPSP2 not have a major huge library of drivers to work off from word Go, no?

Planned to backup docs already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Download SP3 and burn it to CD. Save time later. You'll still need to download IE7 and WMP11 AFAIK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget you need a separate XP license.

You can't move OEM from another machine, so either a full retail pack or an upgrade which will be locked to that machine forever.

unless it was shipped with XP and downgraded to 2K in which case there should be an XP COA sticker on it.

• Advertisement

Still have an XP license from the wonderful Imagination Cup Fiasco :pac:

and who wants IE7 OR WMP11? There were so many wonderful things about 10, its probably the only thing I miss about XP.

Just going to download SP3 to an external drive and run the installer when I get to desktop.

well, weird. it installed itself right on top of the 2k OS, so now I have a dual boot configuration and all of the old files and folders >_> never did see an option for a clean wipe. anyway its working and the internet is back up for it.

Advertisement