Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to recover the information of an unlisted telephone number?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 6:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi! I am Ryan running my own business. I want a favor from you all. My issue is that one of my clients hasn’t made his payment since last four months and I am having his phone number only. I have searched for his address but was not able to find it anywhere as I think it is an unlisted number. But I really want back my money. Is there any hope to recover his full information?
    Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,456 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hax?

I remember the batmobile had some cool tech like that, batman would just punch in the number and bam, his GPS took him to the location. With rocket power.

I also know the US Military has cooked up some way to link their cruise missile defence systems into IP Adress locators, for erm, anti-hacking... but good luck getting approval for that.

/jokes.

You might try and File a request with Eircom or the likes, but whether or not you get results totally depends. You can however file for a warrant from the courts which should get them to comply with the request.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,374 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not a Personal Issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Only a court order could force the phone company to give the persons information out - so I wouldn't think it's likely you're going to get very far on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Court order wont get you a phone number!

yanjacab You’ll be surprised what details you have – the number is a good start – if it’s a and line – some times gives you an idea of location.

Persons name, what you delivered, did you meet them, where, - why there? Etc. Just list everything you can remember about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

ryanjacab wrote: »
    Hi! I am Ryan running my own business. I want a favor from you all. My issue is that one of my clients hasn’t made his payment since last four months and I am having his phone number only. I have searched for his address but was not able to find it anywhere as I think it is an unlisted number. But I really want back my money. Is there any hope to recover his full information?
    Any help is appreciated.

Sorry to be blunt but I don't think you telling the truth here Ryan (nice first ever post by the way), your running a business, have a client that owes you money and you don;t have his address?

How do you send this client invoices?

When the client pays the bill and requests a receipt who do you make it out to?

When the client orders something or takes something away how do you record the sale as being his if you don't have details for him? What you are claiming makes no sense whatsoever and I'd suggest that if it is true then giving people stock/services on credit without knowing them is a shortcut to bankruptcy.

When you are lodging his cheque it gives his bank account number, company name and bank branch. Once you have his company name he is instantly traced.

I think your looking for this information for another reason entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ChinaImports

ryanjacab wrote: »
    Any help is appreciated.

What does he/she say when you phone them?

What was their delivery address?

How did they find you in the first place? If it was a referral, ask them!

You could contact the Gardai and report it as theft, but they'll need more info.

Otherwise you'll have to put it down as an expensive lesson and don't do business that way again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thecola

Or if the girl (who gave you phone nr) doesnt want to see/meet you, not necessarily you have to start stalking her... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement