Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 in abu dabi

Options
  • 18-06-2008 7:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'm flying back from bangkok, through abu dabi in the UAE. In the duty free they had a PAL PS3 for $520 which works out about 340 euro plus a free game(hoping for mgs4 but wasn't out at the time).

First question: Is PAL same for Ireland as it is for the middle east?

Second question: Is the deal good enough provided that I'm buying from overseas and the possibility of bringing back to the shop is practically nonexistent.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

PAL should be the same worldwide. I was under the impression though that most consoles etc. were NTSC though. I must look into that again ...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ask if there is any warranty with it. I know that iPods bought out in the Middle East weren't covered under warranty by Apple, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Should be the same. Sony Will give you no warranty i would think, their cnuts like that

Its a pretty good deal, but remember, they weigh a ton so bringing it home is an ordeal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Calgar99

Cheers for the response guys. I think it does come with a warranty but only 60% certain.

I wasn't sure if HMV or Gamestop were offering good bundle deals so was a bit wary of purchasing a console abroad. Looks like i might just take the plunge. Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

also, you could be done by customs in dublin when you come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

for the sake of 60-80 euro its not worth the hassle if something went wrong, theres a low chance anything will happen, but a possibilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

I bought mine in Dubai 2 months ago for 300euro approx and its working fine so far on my tv:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Given that you'd pick up a console and game bundle here for €400, I wouldn't.
    Pros: €60 saving
    Cons: No useful warranty. Non returnable. Possible customs rapage.

Does anybody know how much ps3 + MGS4 would be in dublin. Is anybody doing good deals???

• Registered Users Posts: 18 robbieastewart

Calgar99 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much ps3 + MGS4 would be in dublin. Is anybody doing good deals???

€440 for PS3 and MSG4 and GT5p in Zavii.

• Advertisement

Wheres Zavii?? Anyway 100 euro saving still sounds good. I've got 10 days to decide. Dunno how many times I've changed my mind. Any other deals out there?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Calgar99 wrote: »
    Wheres Zavii?? Anyway 100 euro saving still sounds good. I've got 10 days to decide. Dunno how many times I've changed my mind. Any other deals out there?

Dundrum shopping Centre theres one, upstairs two levels above the cinema iirc

Nick

Advertisement