Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posted via Mobile Device

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Maybe replace it with a small image of a mobile that links to the m.boards thread?
    But that would be cheating. right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Why change it? I think it's unnecessary to change it. It gets the point across fairly well.

Although the idea to have a link to mboards thread is a good idea.

Can't believe some people are whinging about seeing 4 words at the end of the odd post ffs! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm used to seeing something similar on emails so certainly doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

A phone icon would be nicer imo.

Sent via UPS, cnuts got me for €73 duty !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think it is a good idea to promote the mobile version and raise awareness.

I actually use the mobile version quite a lot and I must say it is a vast improvement over the mobile skin.

Posted via the 10:45 Steam Packet Express using Western Union byte transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

people compliaining about a little tag line. :) Good thing they haven't seen what Cult and his multi-colur dream coat has done in certain other forums. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Hobbes wrote: »
    Good thing they haven't seen what Cult and his multi-colur dream coat has done in certain other forums. :)

...is intrigued...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

...is intrigued...

Check development forum. its pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Posted via non-mobile Device

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OK, I was thinking it was someone put in by VB that the poster couldn't control.

Some people might be using boards when they shouldn't be or people shouldn't know about that extra mobile phone someone has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the idea is pretty coolPosted via PSP sony take note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Unnecessary embellishments ftw.

posted via both of Roundy's drunken index fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Btw, this of course doesn't refer for a moment to the renewed mobile capability of the site, which is most welcome...

posted via mature recollection of said indices

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

posted via both of Roundy's drunken index fingers

Go on ya good thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

posted via mobile device is ghey.

I know meme's me :D

posted via telekinetic fart radiation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Posted via black and white carrier pidgeon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Posted via Mobile Device thanks to everyone who brought my attention to this wonderful feature complaining folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Seriously though. If you don't like it you can delete it like i just have. Victor you're bloody pedantic sometimes i tells ye. Its not boards.ie's problem if someone is doing secret stuff. Its like saying browsers shouldn't have a history function.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

posted via a laptop using a mobile broadband connection

this is my aguement, there are many different ways of connecting to da interweb, why have a marker to identify your using a mobile device, and not if using a differnet type of connection

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

irish-stew wrote: »
    posted via a laptop using a mobile broadband connection

this is my aguement, there are many different ways of connecting to da interweb, why have a marker to identify your using a mobile device, and not if using a differnet type of connection
    It's mainly to highlight the m.boards.ie thingey. You could access m.boards.ie on your laptop or desktop and it would still post the "Posted via mobile device".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Posted via black and white carrier pidgeon.

Ah, good ol' RFC 1149

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It's mainly to highlight the m.boards.ie thingey. You could access m.boards.ie on your laptop or desktop and it would still post the "Posted via mobile device".
    As AC (and indeed CuLT) has already said, it's to highlight that there is a special facility available for people to use when they are using their mobiles.

Whether you are using a PC or a laptop, Broadband or Dial-up is irrelevant, because they are all designed on the general channel, whereas there is a special channel designated for the use of Boards.ie with mobile devices.

It's not designed to upset privacy, in fact, in this case, I believe privacy has little to do with it as the message is unreliable - the fact that m.boards.ie can also be accessed from a PC, or someone can just write it in themselves, or else just remove the tag from the post before posting it on their mobile phone.

Of course a more subtle tag could be implemented, like a little logo under the post, in the left column, but the 'advertisement' (from what I gather) is a temporary thing, designed to highlight the availibility of the feature rather than be able to trace people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Just wait till big brother catches up o_O

Posted via Boards Broadband

Advertisement