Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wi-fi hot spots in cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Thanks very much, guys. Very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Hey just wondering what the free-Wifi science is like in Cork now. Will be getting a new phone soon and wondering how accessible Wifi is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

East Village has it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I think a good case could be made for municipal WIFI broadband. Cork City would be fairly easily covered because it's quite compact and has hills on to the south and in the northside.

Many cities in the UK have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipal_broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I think a good case could be made for municipal WIFI broadband. Cork City would be fairly easily covered because it's quite compact and has hills on to the south and in the northside.

It was announced a few months back as part of TEAM Cork. No word on when it's being rolled out though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Oriel House Hotel in Ballincollig has free Wifi, and so does the Grange Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Owen wrote: »
    Oriel House Hotel in Ballincollig has free Wifi, and so does the Grange Bar.

Good news, free wireless public/municipal broadband will be available throughout the city center from 08.00am-21.00pm daily from late October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

corkonion wrote: »
    Good news, free wireless public/municipal broadband will be available throughout the city center from 08.00am-21.00pm daily from late October.

Is there a link available for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RoseDubh

I didn't realise it was so widely available, compared to a few years ago.

Gosh, in my day it was chalkboards and tin can telephones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

*SNIP*

• Advertisement

I was impressed on my way to the marquee last evening to have a taxi from Cork taxi coop with free wifi in the car, kinda cool.

I was impressed on my way to the marquee last evening to have a taxi from Cork taxi coop with free wifi in the car, kinda cool.
    Also noted that cork has free wifi throughout the city center... Brill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You were in a cab with wifi? Thats impressive,some of the buses have it too,granted it doesn't always work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I was taking the no.8 bus into town today and the bus had free wifi :)

Advertisement