Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail - Spam filters (filters?)

• 18-06-2008 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

I was looking for the answers for this for quite awhile. I know it's possible to delete messages coming straigjt in to your inbox without hassle in Gmail. However, I was wondering was it possible to do this with spam folder? When applying a filter it only applies to folders outside your spam folder. I just want crap emails deleted straight away as they enter spam, cause 1: i know that they are spam, 2: if they contain words in spam that I don't want even in my inbox and gmail knows their bad then I don't want them at all. Setting up filters for the address they come from doesn't really work!

Anyone know if this is possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Spam will be deleted automatically after 30 days. Sometimes genuine email slips in there so it's worth taking a look now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Also install the firefox extension called Better Gmail 2.

This has an option to hide your spam count.

Setting filters to block spam is pointless as the
    subject titles constantly change and are mispelled
    to bypass filters. The senders email address is
    always spoofed and also changes every time too.

When the spam count is hidden you dont really
    notice the spam till you use a computer without
    the extension.

Then you have the satisfaction of deleting a tonne
    of spam at the one time instead of a few emails every day. ;)

Advertisement