Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMI-Ireland...Diploma in a year????

Options
  • 18-06-2008 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

http://www.cmi-ireland.com/evening_courses.html

CMI based in Dublin are offering a Diploma in HR in 9 months. Is this possible? Everywhere else ive looked you need up to 2 years study. Would i be able to apply to other colleges for a Degree with this Diploma??

Does anyone know of this place or know of anyone that has done a course here? I am being sponsored by work to do HR but i cant find many courses in Dublin.

Any feedback would be appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Check out the accrediting body. Have never heard of these guys and the fact they repeat paragraphs word for word suggests it's not a great college

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No,

What used to be a Diploma from an IT falls and level 7 of the NFQ and is now called an ordinary degree and it gains you entry in to the final year/s of an honours degree which is Level 8.

The nfq fan is @ http://www.ics-skills.ie/eucip/images/NFQ.jpg and makes it easier to gauge the level of courses in this country and abroad.

Check qualifax.ie for HR courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I was thinking of doing the Diploma in CMI in Marketing, Advertising, PR & Sales. Does anyone have any info on this or the college as I am a bit confused as to the strenght of this quallification? Any help greatly apppreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 natalija

dymondz wrote: »
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.

http://www.cmi-ireland.com/evening_courses.html

CMI based in Dublin are offering a Diploma in HR in 9 months. Is this possible? Everywhere else ive looked you need up to 2 years study. Would i be able to apply to other colleges for a Degree with this Diploma??

Does anyone know of this place or know of anyone that has done a course here? I am being sponsored by work to do HR but i cant find many courses in Dublin.

Any feedback would be appreciated!! :)

Hi
    I did a Hr management advanced diploma at cmi and found it excellent. I originally wanted to move in to hr and this part-time course covers alot over 1 academic year. Two years for me was too long to do a course and Im glad it didnt take that long. Since getting my final results and award I have decided that hr is not my thing and i hope to go on and study law and employment law as that is where it is all happening at the moment. I have got accepted into university and even gained some exemptions from the first year of the degree, due to cmi's adv dip in hr course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 natalija

catussa wrote: »
    a long time has gone since the last post, but anyway: I did a course in CMI and would not recommend it. Lectures are all really dry. 3 hours in front of a lecturer, absolutely no involvement. Complaints are not handled well by the College and some modules are not covered in the way they should be covered, therefore no real preparation for the exams. I would rather go to Dublin Business School.

I had the opposite experience to you. I finished and received my award from cmi recently and have just gained entry into a degree programme at a well known university in the uk. The course in HR Mgmt at CMI is awarded by ICM (uk).

My friend went to dbs and received a diploma with dbs name on it. Later she was told it was worthless as the course wasn't accredited by a recognised accredited body. Anyway, Gooduck in your venture at dbs !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jools_452

After alot of careful consideration (and trust me there was a lot!) I've decided on CMI for Event Mgmt course-was torn between 2 courses and 2 colleges (project mgmt) n DBS, but in the end subject wise had to go with what I loved! more as opposed what I THOUGHT I should love!!!!!! and CMI were better at answering questions, friendly on the phone and acreditation SEEMS be better?!!!! so..here's hoping! anyone done event management course at CMI?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

Jools_452 wrote: »
    After alot of careful consideration (and trust me there was a lot!) I've decided on CMI for Event Mgmt course-was torn between 2 courses and 2 colleges (project mgmt) n DBS, but in the end subject wise had to go with what I loved! more as opposed what I THOUGHT I should love!!!!!! and CMI were better at answering questions, friendly on the phone and acreditation SEEMS be better?!!!! so..here's hoping! anyone done event management course at CMI?

Hey, Did u do the event management course? i want to do it in October and i dont know what its like or what CMI is like? Iv just finished an undergrad degree and want to get into event management so was looking at the advanced diploma in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kerbear_D

hi,

i recently gradayed from college with an honours business degree. I want to go into a career in HR but it seems you need experience to even get noticed. I was thinking about doing the course in CMI to give me a head start to my career.

Can anyone tell me if this course will be beneficial?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I dont know about the HR one in particular kerbear, but it certainly couldnt do any harm! Im sure you touched upon HR in your degree? Maybe an internship to get some hands on skills might be the way to go?
    Im going to do a management course in CMI next year, and it looks great imo so if you didnt wanna intern Id say go for it. The accreditation looks good to me, moreso than a lot of year-long courses, and the price isnt unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chrisr

Hi has anyone done, or heard of anyone who completed the Production Management Diploma at CMI. Be interested in talking to someone who has. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chrisr

Hi,

Has anybody completed or any infoon the Quality Management Diploma with CMI.
    Really interested and I want to make the right decision.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leacy22

Hi Chisr I don't know about the course personally but I just had a quick look and it looks like a decent enough course to me. I suppose the main thing as with any qualification is to look out for who the awarding body is - in this case it looks like CQI a UK based quality management body. They seem well recognised - maybe do some research into the awarding body? http://www.thecqi.org/

I dont know much about quality management so I cant help you out any more then that but best of luck in your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kato74

Hi,

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone had more input to this company?
    I am planning on starting a Procurement course in April & would like to know if anyone has had experience in the same or any info at all would be great.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kato74

Finished the course with CMI.

First I should say the lecturers were fantastic, both of them.

Would I use or suggest using CSI as a company to deal with. NO

I am not going in to detail now but if anyone really wants to hear it I will certainly give it to them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 snowbros

Kato74 wrote: »
    Finished the course with CMI.

First I should say the lecturers were fantastic, both of them.

Would I use or suggest using CSI as a company to deal with. NO

I am not going in to detail now but if anyone really wants to hear it I will certainly give it to them ;-)

You cant just leave it like that!
    How did you get on? Was enough/too much covered? Was it worth it?
    Why wouldn't you deal with them again?

Advertisement