Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New MA In Publishing at UCD

Options
  • 18-06-2008 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Morning, I'm just taking a sec to let Board readers know about a new Masters course we have in School of Information and Library Studies (SILS);*

Students can now enroll on this MA to take a combination of taught modules, and select a topic for research, that can prepare them for seeking a career in publishing. This could also lead to a broad range of career options that range from aspects of book production inside other organizations, through electronic and web publishing, to work in the commercial publishing industry itself.

New modules on offer from 2008 include a general module on publishing, and a module on the Legal Information Environment for publishing, information exchange, and the Internet.

Other modules already available are Book History, Web Publishing, Information Modelling with XML, Information and Society, Information Policy, Cybersociety and Communication, Political Information and Media, European Information Markets, and Information Design (Not all modules are available every year so check with the School).

Applications are welcomed by students who have a Second Class Honours degree in Information Studies or a cognate field (call or e-mail the School of Information Studies to discuss your situation if you are uncertain about your qualification for the programme). Feel free to pm me for an application form or have a look at our web site at www.ucd.ie/sils.

Entry is competitive.

*This thread has been cleared with DeVore before posting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sils wrote: »
    *This thread has been cleared with DeVore before posting.
    Oooh, I like you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sils

Raphael wrote: »
    Oooh, I like you
    We aim to please.

Advertisement