Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial Vans in Apartments

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Approach as many neighbours as you can before this meeting, explain your situation, try to get as many of them as possible on your side and to go to the meeting. If they're not interested in your cause, don't even mention the meeting ;). Each owner has an equal voting share in the management company, If you can muster a decent turnout for your cause and there is a low overall turnout, you could swing it.

Edit: Remember when talking to your neighbours that they may in the future need to park a van in the complex, or may indeed need your alliance on another issue that's put to a vote.
    I think this is the best advice yet. As has been said, these meetings tend to be poorly-attended. This gives disproportionate importance to the voices of those who do turn up. Even forgetting for a moment about your current problem, it's good to be involved in the running of your complex.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

camo11 wrote: »
    So basically chatted to the mangement company about it for about 30 mins and basically their stance is still the same.

Don't forget that you own your share in that company, the directors are elected by the owners. If you can get enough support from other owners then you can make them change their decision or get them voted out at the next AGM.

In saying that, you will have a difficult task getting people to support you, people tend not to like large vans parked in their estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Not quite sure how this would work but if they clamp the van, sue for damage to van as well as compensation from loss of earnings ( you had a lucrative contract that day). Maybe when they receive a legal type bill for a silly amount of money they may be persuaded to change their policy. As they say money talks. This would only be after all other avenues including talking to the rest of the owners fail.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

mikewest wrote: »
    Not quite sure how this would work but if they clamp the van, sue for damage to van as well as compensation from loss of earnings ( you had a lucrative contract that day). Maybe when they receive a legal type bill for a silly amount of money they may be persuaded to change their policy. As they say money talks. This would only be after all other avenues including talking to the rest of the owners fail.

Sueing was mentioned earlier as well.

As an owner of the management company, he would in effect be suing himself, I don't think that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cabrwab wrote: »
    Could be worse the last complex i shared in the owner of the property was told her 00 206 had to be changed as the management had a policy of 18month old cars only! Even though there was a person with a 05 corrolla which had been smashed to bits parked/abandoned in a space! They had no problem with that!

How can they tell the difference between a 18 and 23 month old car, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How can they tell the difference between a 18 and 23 month old car, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here!
    And quite possibly untrue, colm.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

man your house your parking space park wat u like there at the end of the day your out making money to pay for your mortgage etc if they clamp the van cut it off and keep doing so till u get your privilge to park your transport at your own house i had similar trouble in the last place i lived wit them complaining over the noise a my car was sorted simply by saying y car nct,d taxed and insured now **** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Indeed completely untrue, i like to tell lies, make up stories etc during my spare time best go she my therpaist QUICK! :D

I didn't ask how they knew it was 18months old. All i was worried about was my company vechile being allowed in the visitors car park every night, since the apartment only had one assigned space

Advertisement