Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spain v greece

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

:Dfancy even a 2nd string team to beat the greeks tonight . crap price 8/11

russia game dodgy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I fancy Sweden to do the business versus the Russians. Btw there's no 's' in Greece, not trying to be a pr1ck but it's the 2nd thread with an 's' now, luckily Turkey had a great comeback so you don't have to try to spell the Czech Republic again ;) Greece should be banned from international football.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

I can't profess to have seen much of Russia play but I saw the last 30 minutes of Sweden vs Spain and Spain seemed to have a chance of scoring every 90 seconds or so. I thought Sweden were very poor personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

but the spain them tonight will be completly different .. wouldnt expect torres villa etc to start ... through anyway so wil be 2nd strength but will or should be good enough to win .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nateireann

Well, of course Spain is going to win! you know why? because then, we will think that we have any chance against Italy next Sunday but we haven't! write this down, guys, next Sunday Spain is out of the competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Jees very harsh on Spain going out. Oh I thought ye were taking the mick with Greese.

Anyway betting. So far the top teams have won there last game even though they did not need to, Croatia and Holland.

However Portugal lost there final game to Switzerland.

I don't know lads, what ye think. I was thinking of Sweden against Russia, all to play for.

Think Sweden will do it. Might lob the las 50Eur on Sweden to qualify.

Larrsson to score!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Villa to be first scorer at 5/1 on Betdaq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

villa isnt starting.

id do a spain and sweden double both to win around 3.5/1

10 returns 45.00

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thanks for that..ill withdraw that bet quicklers..

badbrian wrote: »
    I can't profess to have seen much of Russia play but I saw the last 30 minutes of Sweden vs Spain and Spain seemed to have a chance of scoring every 90 seconds or so. I thought Sweden were very poor personally.

Are you sure you saw the Spain Sweden match? Because what you describe didn't actually happen at all.

I'm going for a strange bet, handicapped corners Spain -2 at 11-10. Fabregas and Alonso will pull the strings with great passing. Can't believe Fabregas doesn't get a start for Spain normally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

horsecrap wrote: »
    villa isnt starting.

id do a spain and sweden double both to win around 3.5/1

10 returns 45.00

This is what I put on.

Not overly confident about Sweden winning but the bet will make the game that bit more interesting.

Russia are destroying them, wonderful performance so far. Have numerous bets on them to score the 2nd goal now. Lousy Swedes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I placed and won my first ever bets this evening. Two simple ones - Russia to beat Sweden and Spain to beat Greece. I am very happy with my €15 haul :-)

Well Russia have scared me away from lumping big against them against the Dutch. I still think the Dutch will win, and 5/6 seems decent but I'll wait until a few minutes into it. One thing is for sure, it's going to be an amazing game - 2 teams with buzzing lively confident midfields. Get your money on the over 2.5 goals market for sure, this one is gonna be a goalfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

I can happily say that Spain capped of a 5 team accumulator for 500 blips :).

Like a few others I felt that the Greek defence was leaky, and that a second string Spanish side (that would incluse Alonso and Fabregas) would still topple them, but I expected the Spanish to at least take a few of their chances, a very close shave in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

hotspur wrote: »
    Are you sure you saw the Spain Sweden match? Because what you describe didn't actually happen at all.

I did see the last half hour of it as mentioned as I had backed the draw in a double with Russia to win (That Villa lad cost me a nice few quid :mad:)
    My phraseology might be a bit off however. I meant that Sweden were poor insofar as Spain were much better.

Anyhow for an indepedent review I lifted this from Sportinglife.
    Aragones opted to make a double change on the hour-mark with Cesc Fabregas and Santi Cazorla sent into action.
    Soon after their introduction Spain had a great chance to take the lead as the Sweden goal survived three near misses in quick succession.
    First Silva's shot was parried by Isaksson, who then did well to bravely block the follow-up from Villa. The ball was still alive though and, with Isaksson out of position, Torres looked set to slot into an empty net only to see his effort deflected for a corner.
    Spain were starting to get the upper hand and Isaksson was again called into action in the 67th minute, diving full-length to turn away Marcos Senna's 25-yard drive.
    Sweden enjoyed a rare chance in 78th minute when a deep Anders Svensson free-kick cleared the Spain defence and found Petter Hansson at the far post, but the centre-back put his volley across the face of goal.
    Spain piled forward in the closing stages in search of the winning goal, but when Isaksson saved Torres' low shot in the 89th minute it looked as though the Swedes would be taking a hard-earned point.
    However, Villa had other ideas and he raced onto a Joan Capdevila long-ball forward, skipped inside Hansson before coolly slotting home past Isaksson for the winner.

Advertisement