Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unbelievable

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It'll be podcasted on the RTE website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Surely there's a way that involves less effort????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

@the OP - I didn't finish reading your post (too long), I don't personally care that the guy cheated (as I finished the leaving long ago), but people are annoyed because they worked hard in the LC only for this guy to cheat his way to a better result. He also deserves abuse for coming on and actually being stupid enough to admit it.
    He would get worse abuse out in the real world, I don't see what your issue is

Heard a bit of it - not really much to say. All I heard was some guy praising him, saying he's taking the initiative, using his brain by going one step ahead and that crap. Think there was a bit at the start with the opposite view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Same. In work, but wanna know what happened.

sweet feck all. 4 minutes of yer wan goin' it's a disgrace, the junior cert is better organised, he had a mini laptop smuggled in with hijm, blah blah. and Joe just going hmmmmm.... in that intolerable manner he has. nothing worth a mouseclick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Feckit lads, I gave you a carefully thought out, although made up, synopsis of today's Joe Duffy show and none of you care!

In fairness, it was nothing. I didn't hear the initial call but after that a student and a mother rang in to say loads of people cheated, a Maths teacher said Salman couldn't have done much with his calculator, and some guy rang in and said fair play to him for beating the system. (He also said that he must have done some work to get 500 points but I think he was confused as the results aren't out yet stupid, that was just a guess made by Salman to brag.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

janeybabe wrote: »
    Feckit lads, I gave you a carefully thought out, although made up, synopsis of today's Joe Duffy show and none of you care!

In fairness, it was nothing. I didn't hear the initial call but after that a student and a mother rang in to say loads of people cheated, a Maths teacher said Salman couldn't have done much with his calculator, and some guy rang in and said fair play to him for beating the system. (He also said that he must have done some work to get 500 points but I think he was confused as the results aren't out yet stupid, that was just a guess made by Salman to brag.)
    Thanks janeybabe. All the hard work, imagination and manual labour that went into your made-up description of today's Liveline is much appreciated by myself and the rest of boards.

/buys janeybabe a pint in admiration of her fantastic work.

Thanks janeybabe. All the hard work, imagination and manual labour that went into your made-up description of today's Liveline is much appreciated by myself and the rest of boards.

/cries

....and I'd like to thank God, and my mom, and DeV, and the unemployment that allows my brain to function without oppression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Now this is some funny **** i gotta say.

I love Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Who the crap is Laura Brady? Pics Relevant articles or GTFO.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    Who the crap is Laura Brady? Pics Relevant articles or GTFO.

http://www.skoool.ie/exams2008.asp?id=4992

Read her exam diary there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well that was a pretty gay way to spend 5 minutes. D4 is she?

Kold wrote: »
    Well that was a pretty gay way to spend 5 minutes. D4 is she?

By way of Meath I'm told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

wait, she's doing her Leaving Cert and has time to write up an article every single day? funny how the Irish Times plan on keeping up a column of her college life experiences, as if it's such a sure thing then?

wait, she's doing her Leaving Cert and has time to write up an article every single day? funny how the Irish Times plan on keeping up a column of her college life experiences, as if it's such a sure thing then?

It's her third time doing the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's her third time doing the Leaving.
    Third time lucky or is she going to add all the points together for the 400 she needs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I wonder if she's any relation to former Irish Times editor Conor Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dudess wrote: »
    I wonder if she's any relation to former Irish Times editor Conor Brady.
    Hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Andy I just want to say I completely agree with you. Cheating in the LC is ridiculous etc and it's disgraceful that he'll get someone elses college course but the amount Salman and Laura got was too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Mark200 wrote: »
    Andy I just want to say I completely agree with you. Cheating in the LC is ridiculous etc and it's disgraceful that he'll get someone elses college course but the amount Salman and Laura got was too much.
    Your choice of using bold and large text is ridiculous imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The whole "Personal Abuse" rule needs to be looked over - it shouldn't be presonal abuse calling someone an idiot when society in general overwhelmingly accepts that the person is, indeed, an idiot.

Salman was not "bullied" - "bullying" is abusing people unfairly. Any abuse he got was totally deserved.
    He showed cowardice and a complete lack of morals,by cheating in the Leaving Cert.
    He showed arrogance by starting a thread boasting about it.
    And he showed extraordinary stupidity by leaving enough details on Boards for people to work out who exactly he is.

Tbh I couldn't care less if he gets his course or not. Whatever happens, he will fail at life! :pac:
    Mark200 wrote:

I DISAGREE

And since I used bigger writing, my opinion >>> your opinion

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who cares about kids and their leaving cert tbh? 14 years ago was when this stuff was relevant imo, and was boards there to help people who put in as little effort as I did to get into a college course? No it wasn't. Maybe I should start a feedback thread on that actually.

I have no idea who this salman dude or this laura brady bint are (didn't one of them make muslins angry?) and reading any of the links or the posts above 14 words aren't going to happen.

I think you will find my above input ends the thread. No need to thank me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

Mark200 wrote: »

COULDNT DISAGREE ANYMORE WITH YOUR VIEW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

''Who cares about kids and their leaving cert tbh?''

em maybe the students that are doing their leaving cert!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

cartman444 wrote: »
    COULDNT DISAGREE ANYMORE WITH YOUR VIEW!

So you now agree with his view?

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Hey, OP was that you on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Dragan wrote: »
    I love Feedback.
    Don't we all.

And if you purchase me a pint of Harp*, I'll accompany you in officially congratulating janeybabe.
    Amz wrote: »
    It'll be podcasted on the RTE website.
    Anyone got a link? the RTE webste is about as entertaining as a funeral. I don't think Joe is that bad in all honesty. the shít he stirs sometimes is just flucking hilarious.

*silent 'r' to pronounce it right

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The whole "Personal Abuse" rule needs to be looked over - it shouldn't be presonal abuse calling someone an idiot when society in general overwhelmingly accepts that the person is, indeed, an idiot.

Salman was not "bullied" - "bullying" is abusing people unfairly. Any abuse he got was totally deserved.
    He showed cowardice and a complete lack of morals,by cheating in the Leaving Cert.
    He showed arrogance by starting a thread boasting about it.
    And he showed extraordinary stupidity by leaving enough details on Boards for people to work out who exactly he is.

Tbh I couldn't care less if he gets his course or not. Whatever happens, he will fail at life! :pac:

IMO lock-ban-delete would've been my response to the 'I cheated' thread but I'm not a LC moderator so what do I know.

I don't think PA should be tolerated anywhere in these kiddies forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hrm...wonder how large I can type the word "Meh" here.

MEH

...that'll do.

People cheat, it happens, they deserve some level of abuse when caught. People who BRAG about cheating however, are ****ing fair game. Thats where Salman fell down - I know someone who cheated, i'll weigh up whether I care enough or not to do anything about it.

Retard brags about it, odds on i'll do whatever I can to make them **** themselves. **** reporting them, there's no fun in that, But Salman Talpur, which I think is his last name rather than Hamid (OH, and Salman Talpur seems to use "PurePwnage" as his nick ,really inventive when trying to cover your own ass) deserved every bit of it, because he was stupid enough to try and brag, having posted a huge amount of personal info up already. His own stupidity, proof that Cork kids are dumb.

QED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement