Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Activity 1970?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the story with people who most regularly, yet it says last activity 01-01-1970 and 0 posts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Y2k-30 bug :-\

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That'll be it so!! Stoopid flux capacitator!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Link to these ppl?

Microwave & Time-Machine Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

antodeco wrote: »
    Whats the story with people who most regularly, yet it says last activity 01-01-1970 and 0 posts?

damn hippies, stuck in the 60s. they couldn't handle the age of disco

/ disco stu disapproves

discostu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've no idea who or what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

1970-01-01 is a magic date on UNIX and UNIX-like operating systems. Time is represented as an offset from 1970-01-01 00:00:00, usually as a number of seconds.

So, if the time recorded for the last activity is 0 (perhaps that's the default value), then it'll show up as 1970-01-01.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There is nobody who has 0 postcount, has a last activity date of 01-01-1970 that has posted in the last year :)

There's a few 1998 and otherwise inactive accounts that show up like that due to something funky that happened before I started working here.

Talliesin has become somewhat attached to his particular bug afaik, so it goes unfixed.

'It was like that when I got here' - I like.

Now you've to find the guy who doesn't speak English and you're sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Heres just a few :D

Member Profile
    Member Profile
    Member Profile
    0 posts
    0 posts

CuLT, seems that you're right. Damn them time travelling bugs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

CuLT wrote: »
    Talliesin has become somewhat attached to his particular bug afaik, so it goes unfixed.
    It was the only compensation for all my unsaved PMs being deleted at the same time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

None of those people post regularly. Maybe they got so annoyed with the fact that their last active date was wrong that they stopped posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

bug.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Basically if someone signed up when boards first started and then when they moved database they didn't post after that they are set with 0 posts and 1970 join date.

In other words "A wizard did it."

Advertisement