Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kite surfing beginner

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

hey can somebody point to a good not so busy place on west coast , galway or clare area, to go this weekend

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Hi there,

Check out www.kitesurfing.ie. There are a lot of kitesurfers there who will be able to name a few beaches for you and give you advice on where they will be this weekend.

Belmullet is usually one of the best spots on the west coast but the current forecast for this weekend doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

If your only starting this weekend isnt going to be the best weekend to go out
    27knot winds due this sunday.But if you are going to go out go somewhere that there is a lot of kitesurfers about (ill be on rosses point on sunday) Never kite alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Try Rusheen Bay in Galway when the tide is in. Its enclosed and shallow so its relatively safe. No waves (except for 1-2ft chop when its very windy) so I dunno if thats a good thing for you or not. There are often lots of windsurfers there but the west end of the bay is usually fairly quiet and I've seen a few kitesurfers down there. You can launch from either the windsurf school or from the back of the carpark at Silverstrand beach. You could try Silverstrand beach too.

But as Jonny says this weekend might not be the best time for it... 3 stars on Windguru :eek: I'm wondering if windsurfing in that this weekend would be the best experience of my life or if it would be a deathwish...

Advertisement