Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE's Night Of Champions PPV (Spoilers)

• 18-06-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

WWE Championship Match
    Triple H (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Edge (c) vs Batista

ECW Championship Match
    Kane (c) vs. Big Show

WWE World Tag Team Championship Match
    Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly (c) vs. Ted DiBiase & Mystery Partner

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    John Morrison & The Miz (c) vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle

United States Championship Match
    Matt Hardy (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero

WWE Women's Championship Match
    Mickie James (c) vs. Katie Lea Burchill

What about IC Title? Will Y2J be wrestling and if so who?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Guess its going to be Y2J V HBK for the IC Belt

and dont forget the New Diva belt aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

WWE Championship Match

Winner- HHH

Edge (c) vs Batista

Winner- Batista (by DQ- Edge still Champ)

ECW Championship Match
    Kane (c) vs. Big Show

Winner- Big Show

Winner- Ted Dibiase & Mystery Partner

Winner- John Morrison & The Miz

Winner- Matt Hardy

Winner- Mickie James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The only match on this I would like to watch is the Real womens title match..Not one other match appeals to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

WWE Championship Match

Triple H win

Edge (c) vs Batista

Edge win

ECW Championship Match
    Kane (c) vs. Big Show

Kane win

Dibiase and ??? win (Rhodes to turn on Holly)

Morrison and miz to win

Hardy win

James win

Natalia to win new diva title

Y2J to retain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

callaway92 wrote: »
    The only match on this I would like to watch is the Real womens title match..Not one other match appeals to me

Yeah, other than that this PPV is going to suck the meat missile in my honest opinion.

This will be a record and view next day job I reckon.
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This PPV and its a real PPV as its on Box Office shall be got be other means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

This PPV and its a real PPV as its on Box Office shall be got be other means

Yep, definitely not worth forking over 20 euro for. It says something about wwe right now that their womens title match is looking like the best match of the night, although Y2J/HBK would be good to if it gets added.

Apart from that the only other thing on it I'm interested in is to see what happens in the DiBiase/Holly & Rhodes match, and I never thought I'd be looking forward to a match with those two in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I really hope his mystery partner is his dad.

I would mark out like the still real to me guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

I really hope his mystery partner is his dad.

I would mark out like the still real to me guy!

I'd say his partner is DH Smith,He seemed to have disappeared all of a sudden.

d1sc0g1rl wrote: »
    I'd say his partner is DH Smith,He seemed to have disappeared all of a sudden.

Oh I know that, I just really want to see The Million Dollar Man in one more match.

AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

WWE Championship Match

Winner- John Cena (this could be the only possibilty of a title changing hands as John Cena has Beaten Triple H a good few times and would set up a good feud between the two)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Ted DiBiase, Jr.'s mystery tag team part for his WWE World Tag Team title shot at the Night of Champions pay-per-view is expected to be DH Smith, who was pulled off the road in early May following an apparent injury angle at the egregious hands of JBL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Maybe the whole point of Lance Cade's seperation from Murdoch is to give him a singles push but I think it would be amazing if Cade was Dibiase's partner. Then they win the match due to Rhodes turning on Holly. It creates a heel faction consisting of Rhodee, Cade, Dibiase and Jericho (with Jericho being the mouthpiece/ mentor).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Maybe the whole point of Lance Cade's seperation from Murdoch is to give him a singles push but I think it would be amazing if Cade was Dibiase's partner. Then they win the match due to Rhodes turning on Holly. It creates a heel faction consisting of Rhodee, Cade, Dibiase and Jericho (with Jericho being the mouthpiece/ mentor).

Sounds good to me. Not sure how likely it'd be though. Only thing with that is though, is that Holly would probably be in the oposing face faction...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'll be very let down if the mystery partner is DH Smith.. anyone but him please :(

I think this PPV ruins the Draft. Sure they cant move people that are gonna be in matches in this. If they do they will be matches that ruin the purpose of the draft.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I think this PPV ruins the Draft. Sure they cant move people that are gonna be in matches in this. If they do they will be matches that ruin the purpose of the draft.

Not really, especially if the opponents swap brands, the storylines don't change.
    It will really depend on how WWE do it, and knowing them, they'll f*ck it up within days.

But i can't see how the draft can affect it, worst case scenario, it won't have a long standing effect. After all, who remembers Eddie Guerrero's short stint on RAW after the brand split?.... and for those who do, it's probably only for either the ladder match he had with RVD (awesome match btw), or the promo the Rock cut on him.

VR!

Is HBK V Y2J also on the card??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

JP Liz wrote: »

Nope, not that I know of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

No they seemed to have changed it this year. Instead of every championship being on the line, every match involves a championship.

My guess is that to have HBK v Y2J on the card they would have had to put the intercontinental championship on the line. I doubt HBK would want to be associated with such a devalued belt.

Always the possibility of someone cutting a quick promo talking about Jerichos treatment of HBK and them organising a quick fire match for it.

This is the only title missing from the card, correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Yea, it is the only belt missing! I'd assume they'll have Y2J do an open challenge of something. Maybe even do a finger poke of doom between him and Cade, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Didn't Jericho say on Raw a few weeks ago that he was going to defend the belt more? Has he defended it since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Fozzy wrote: »
    Didn't Jericho say on Raw a few weeks ago that he was going to defend the belt more? Has he defended it since?

Only on the night he said it!

Now
    ECW Championship Triple Threat Match: Kane vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry

Match of the year candidate imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

I would love to see MVP go face, the fans are really starting to take to him on Smackdown. Be great for his character. I also think that (if the rumors are true and the WWE signed him), team him up with D'Lo Brown. They would be a great tag team. D'Lo is funny as a heel. However a face/tweener tag team they would be brill. Pity MVP is not involved at Night of Champions.

DenMan wrote: »
    I would love to see MVP go face, the fans are really starting to take to him on Smackdown. Be great for his character. I also think that (if the rumors are true and the WWE signed him), team him up with D'Lo Brown. They would be a great tag team. D'Lo is funny as a heel. However a face/tweener tag team they would be brill. Pity MVP is not involved at Night of Champions.

It's not a rumour, WWE announced it on their website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's unbelievable isn't it, can't believe that. Nice one me...:)

If HBK not wrestling at NOC then maybe have Y2J V CM Punk or Rey or MVP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the way i see it the 2 title matches will either b both retaining or both losing, so the belt either stays on its respective shows or theres a straight swap! this is something i dont like tbh, because i want HHH to win (i cant STAND megacena) but i want edge to retain-deserves it more than batista! what way do people see it breaking down? or are pwoplw sticking with their original predictions of hhh/edge winning?

the way i see it the 2 title matches will either b both retaining or both losing, so the belt either stays on its respective shows or theres a straight swap! this is something i dont like tbh, because i want HHH to win (i cant STAND megacena) but i want edge to retain-deserves it more than batista! what way do people see it breaking down? or are pwoplw sticking with their original predictions of hhh/edge winning?

I actually see Edge losing it to Batista, which will set him up with a feud with HHH to be honest. There's no point in having two main championships on one brand, so one has to go.

Of course, that could go both ways with MegaCena getting the win over HHH. I'm hoping it doesn't go that way because 1) Cena might be a money drawing champion, but he's boring for anyone over the age of 14 to watch. 2) i really don't want a HHH v Edge feud where Edge loses his strap to HHH. And finally, i'm hoping that before the year is out, Cena doesn't get his hands on the World Heavyweight Championship belt, so he can turn that into another cheap piece of bling.

VR!

I actually see Edge losing it to Batista, which will set him up with a feud with HHH to be honest.

i'm hoping that before the year is out, Cena doesn't get his hands on the World Heavyweight Championship belt, so he can turn that into another cheap piece of bling.!

but isnt batista goin to raw? he couldnt have a feud with hhh as hhh is goin to sd! :confused:

i agree with you about the john cena bling belt....they just look rediculous the only custom belt i remember that was cool lookin was the smokin skull one!

Anyone see HHH and Edge retaining. Only after the HHH v Cena match Punk comes out and cashes in his money on the bank and wins the title. Shows up on Raw next night as the man who has brought the WWE Title back to Raw on his very first night there.

Punk is not winning the title. He's going to be behind Batista, Michaels, Mysterio, Jericho, JBL, Cena, Orton and maybe Kane and Regal too in terms of getting a title push. He'll get a title match, possibly, but I don't think there's the slightest chance of him winning

HHH and Edge aren't both winning at the PPV, that would mean both titles would be on Smackdown. I was going with HHH retaining, but now it seems like the IC and US titles are switching shows so I don't think they'll do the same with the main titles

Fozzy wrote: »
    Punk is not winning the title. He's going to be behind Batista, Michaels, Mysterio, Jericho, JBL, Cena, Orton and maybe Kane and Regal too in terms of getting a title push. He'll get a title match, possibly, but I don't think there's the slightest chance of him winning

HHH and Edge aren't both winning at the PPV, that would mean both titles would be on Smackdown. I was going with HHH retaining, but now it seems like the IC and US titles are switching shows so I don't think they'll do the same with the main titles

The US has gone to ECW with Matt Hardy and looks like staying there with either Matt or Chavo keeping it. I dont see how the IC title is changing with Jericho on Raw and no match scheduled for Night of Champions.

I'm not saying Punk would be anything more than a transitional champion and he offers a way for both HHH and Edge to win there PPV matchs. You could then have La Familia give HHH a beat down as there can only be one true champion on Smackdown, followed by Punk cashing in. Definitely a possibility IMO.

• Advertisement

The US has gone to ECW with Matt Hardy and looks like staying there with either Matt or Chavo keeping it. I dont see how the IC title is changing with Jericho on Raw and no match scheduled for Night of Champions.

I think I heard something about Jericho facing a mystery opponent at the PPV. I can't see them keeping it on Raw
    I'm not saying Punk would be anything more than a transitional champion and he offers a way for both HHH and Edge to win there PPV matchs. You could then have La Familia give HHH a beat down as there can only be one true champion on Smackdown, followed by Punk cashing in. Definitely a possibility IMO.

I just can't see it happening. It's not necessary. They could simply have Edge cost HHH his title

I 'm thinking La Familia might interfere and cost HHH his title and match then setting up HHH V Edge feud for Smackdown/WHC title.

Cena wins then RAW's newest recruit CM Punk cashs in his MTIB and wins or loses

BTW which match is last WWE title or WHC title match??????

Credit: The Figure Four Online

There are, or were, rumors going around saying that Ted DiBiase's mystery partner at Night of Champions was going to be DH Smith. However, the two haven't been training together, and what with Smith's move to the SmackDown brand in the Supplemental Draft earlier today, it definitely doesn't look like it's happening. Additionally, there doesn't appear to be anyone else on the radar for the role from developmental nor the main roster. This is only speculation, but the best bet for the mystery partner looks to be Cody Rhodes after turning on Hardcore Holly.

For those wondering, Chris Jericho is still scheduled to defend the IC title at the Night of Champions PPV this Sunday. According to Figure Four Online, it looks like they will set up a mystery opponent for Jericho, which may or may not end up being Shawn Michaels.

IC title should be on the line also

I 'm thinking La Familia might interfere and cost HHH his title and match then setting up HHH V Edge feud for Smackdown/WHC title.

Cena wins then RAW's newest recruit CM Punk cashs in his MTIB and wins or loses

BTW which match is last WWE title or WHC title match??????

You would think HHH v Cena would be considered the bigger draw and prob go on last. But a lot will depend on how the storylines will pan out over the night.

Another one is Edge losing the title, and then La Familia/Edge costing Cena the title so one of the titles stays on smackdown. A lot of ways they can do the stroylines on Sunday.

argh the more i thionk about it, the more i believe that cena is going to win, either due to la familla or just edge by himself- i do not want to see megacena with the strap again! when the hell is kennedy gonna get the push he deserves, that "feud" with the sister fcuker was just pointless-give the guy a title push (itll have to be on SD now) and give him more mic time, im tired of the same old same old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

Any chance hhh and edge retaining and both belts being on smackdown for a week or two, then hhh takes it back to raw

but isnt batista goin to raw? he couldnt have a feud with hhh as hhh is goin to sd! :confused:

Well done. Now let's look a little further into this. Who is Edge facing at Night of Champions, and what's on the line? ;) If Batista wins, he's on RAW with the World Heavyweight title, and if he drops it to Cena down the track, welcome your new piece of cheap bling.

Edge, to my knowledge hasn't been drafted, which means he remains on SD! He's also the biggest (and most over, in my opinion) heel left on Smackdown at the minute, so a HHH feud is on the cards.
    i agree with you about the john cena bling belt....they just look rediculous the only custom belt i remember that was cool lookin was the smokin skull one!

And eventually, the novelty wore off with that too.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Credit: The Figure Four Online

There are, or were, rumors going around saying that Ted DiBiase's mystery partner at Night of Champions was going to be DH Smith. However, the two haven't been training together, and what with Smith's move to the SmackDown brand in the Supplemental Draft earlier today, it definitely doesn't look like it's happening. Additionally, there doesn't appear to be anyone else on the radar for the role from developmental nor the main roster. This is only speculation, but the best bet for the mystery partner looks to be Cody Rhodes after turning on Hardcore Holly.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the wrestlers who have been split from a tag team as DiBiase's partner....what will they do with Holly? DiBiase vs Holly for one title, since Cody already has one? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the wrestlers who have been split from a tag team as DiBiase's partner....what will they do with Holly? DiBiase vs Holly for one title, since Cody already has one? :confused:

As I ve said elsewhere
    rovert wrote: »
    its the Horseman beatdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

In fairnes to WWE, with this draft, the NOC PPV has gone from being pretty horrible looking to suddeny being highly intriguing. The title matches now look genuinely unpredictable and there seems to be a guarantee of a title change or a MITB being cashed in at some stage. Credit must go to them for that at the very least, no one could know for sure what will happen on Sunday, as evidenced by the speculation in this thread.

If the World Heavyweight Championship does go to RAW and is eventually won by Cena, I really hope it's not customised.

That belt has far too much history.

It was bad enough when it had nWo spraypainted on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If the World Heavyweight Championship does go to RAW and is eventually won by Cena, I really hope it's not customised.

That belt has far too much history.

So did the WWE championship, didn't stop them.

flahavaj wrote: »
    So did the WWE championship, didn't stop them.

The WWF/E title has changed design lots of times over the years.

That World Heavyweight Title has been in use for decades.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah 2 :rolleyes:

Decades? Hardly, it got used from 85-91 and then 94-2002! The one they used from 2002 onwards, isn't quite the same. It's similar, but has significant differences (WWE logo, slightly different font and the WCW belt and a different type of gold used).

Before WCW used that in 85, they were using the NWA belt that TNA was using up til 2007.

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement