Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built PC Yesterday - One Question

Options
  • 18-06-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Hi, after been motivated to build my own PC from this thread i did it! least i think I got it all right, installed operating (Vista 64 english) the only problem i have is my usb keyboard wont work. I have not played with it to much as wasnt going to crack into it and stay up late! i got a ps/2 keyboard from another computer at home and it works fine. the usb works because the mouse works and i switched them around so the keyboard was in the slot the mouse was in, mouse still worked and keyboard didnt. is there something simple I could be missing here!?:confused:

thanks!
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have a look in the BIOS. Make sure support is enabled for USB keyboard and mouse. Don't forget to save changes before exiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Cool Thanks I'll have a look there. Haven't really done much with the BIOS, left it as it can til i was sure i had everything up and running. Is there anything else in there I should check while im at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Probably not. You might like to change the boot priority but it's likely you might have already done this to install your OS. I like to shove network boot down to the end.

No harm to turn on any system warnings, if the feature is there, to alert you if CPU exceeds a specified temp and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Thanks ethernet, it all works perfectly now, all drivers installed and everything ship shape!

Quite satisfying to be on a computer you built yourself as all the regulars here have said!:D

Advertisement