Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicy food - WTF?

• 18-06-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

I hate the stuff. What the hell is so appealing about something that hurts your mouth and makes your sh!te explode? Is it some kind of masochistic tendency to love jalapenos or what? Seriously, I don't get why people eat something that makes them uncomfortable.

I get that people like spicy food, but.. can you tell me why?

Do you like spicy food? 198 votes

I'd eat lava if it wouldn't kill me
    0% 1 vote
    I like a little bit of zing
    51% 102 votes
    I don't like spicy food
    39% 78 votes
    I don't eat food
    8% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it tastes good, it doesn't make everyone's **** piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I can't stand really spicy food at all!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My stomache doesn't appreciate it but the spicier the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Had a curry on the weekend with the GF's folks. It was thai food and I hate spicy stuff. Everyone just sat there sweating, sniffing, eyes running, lips burning.

I get NO comfort and enjoyment eating food like that but endured it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

As cremo said, it tastes good :) as simple as that. i love the taste of a little spice in my food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

"I can see through Time"...

OP: Spicier the better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I love spicy food, hotter the better.

Oh yeah. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Spicier the better , love the stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A little spicey is good but burn your mouth off spicey is just rediculous. You can't taste the flavours when it's that hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Cremo wrote: »
    it tastes good, it doesn't make everyone's **** piss.

I don't think I've ever really noticed a flavour... More of a "Oh God what's on my tongue and why is it doing this to me!?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You're confusing spicy food with hot food.

I like spicy, don't like hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Insanity peppers..... hmmmmmmmm!

I love spicy food. Eating it makes me feel like a man. People who can't handle spicy food are to be frowned upon and looked down on as weaker specimens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It gives a nice endorphin release, it also has a certain taste about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm a heavy smoker, so I can't taste much.

Spicy food rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

It tastes lovely at the time, providing it is not ridiculously hot.

It's not so good the next day when you are on your sixth sh1t of the day and you have an a$$hole like a busted plum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kold wrote: »
    Seriously, I don't get why people eat something that makes them uncomfortable.

I get that people like spicy food, but.. can you tell me why?
    Because it doesn't make ME uncomfortable, I have learnt to like it and it does not makes my a$$ hurt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

I lurve my hot curries. Once a week without fail. Myself and my two brother all live near each other and order from the same Indian place. The takeaway guys find it funny that each one of us has to ask for the hottest thing "extra extra hot". You build up a kind of immunity to it as well, and start to miss the sensation of having your head blown off, so you have to keep upping the spice quotient.

The hot pat sauce in El Paso, Howth is quite good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I like a bit of a sting, but I can't eat too much of it. I had some bad experiences with raw jalapenos

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Hot Food all the way...I'd put chillies (fresh or flakes) in anything I can when cooking at home. A bit of ring sting never killed anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Red Hot Chilli Peppers ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Red Hot Chilli Peppers ftw

I was wondering how long it'd take....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HJ Simpson

I love hot spicy food sometimes it doesnt like my insides but mostly its great. My wife wont eat anything that has even a hint of spice it makes cooking at home interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Homer

Spicier the better for me! Gradually finding I neet it hotter and hotter though as my immunity builds up!
    Arse like a dragons nostril the next morning is the unfortunate downside though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

industria wrote: »
    Arse like a dragons nostril the next morning is the unfortunate downside though!

i just almost fell off my chair laughing at that :D

spicy food ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hot & spicy all the way for me, but it has to taste good. Heat for the sake of it is stoopid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kold wrote: »
    I hate the stuff. What the hell is so appealing about something that hurts your mouth and makes your sh!te explode? Is it some kind of masochistic tendency to love jalapenos or what? Seriously, I don't get why people eat something that makes them uncomfortable.
    Yep, agree 100%. Chilli peppers - why? And considering it deadens your taste buds, the taste argument is redundant.
    Aspiration wrote: »
    i love the taste of a little spice in my food!
    Yes, a little spice is lovely. That's not the same as going the whole hog of burning your mouth and practically knocking down the person nearest you to get some water. For every bite. Fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,870 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I LOVE my spice so stick me in the Lava category.

Don't do sugar though, I'm sweet enough as it is :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 51,813 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Like my food to have some spice generally. Wouldn't always go for the plate of fire.:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You have never had spicy food until you've tried Taco Bell with fire sauce at an elevation of 10,000feet.

The elevation + fire sauce + the **** that is taco bell = a session on the jacks that resembles the eruption of krakatoa.

Anal trauma :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I just love food.

Advertisement