Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feet.

• 18-06-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

I don't know what it is, but I can't stand them at all.

I don't mind my own, but is someone elses foot touches me I really hate it.

Even when I was younger I remember making my brother wear socks before he came into my room. I don't know what it is about them, but they really just discust me, but having said that my own don't bother me at all...

Is this a common fear or am I just being a bit stupid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I don't know what it is, but I can't stand them at all.

I don't mind my own, but is someone elses foot touches me I really hate it.

Even when I was younger I remember making my brother wear socks before he came into my room. I don't know what it is about them, but they really just discust me, but having said that my own don't bother me at all...

Is this a common fear or am I just being a bit stupid?

I know a few people that this bothers them its called Podophobia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Not the only one by any means. I even hate my own feet, I touch them as little as is sensibly possible. I involuntarily kick out if someone touches my feet. I can't look at other peoples feet, especially bad nails or anything like that, gross!! My mum has this freaking irritating habit of slipping her socks so that her heels are exposed but the sock is still half on. I can't even articulate how disgusting that is to me. UUUUUUGH. My worst nightmare - being forced to have reflexology, imagine, a stranger feeling up your feet!!! Oh well, as long as it doesn't majorly affect your life, we'll survive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

I've heard of it before aswell.

I know one person who literally cannot stand the sight of them!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

omg i cant stand feet even my own.. my sister knows this and plays it to her advantage and is forever trying to get her feet as close to me as possible.. what i find completely disgusting tho is when she is lying or sitting on the couch or whatever she always rests her feet on the cushions and plays with them with her feet.. both my brother and sister pick thier toenails and loose skin on thier feet and just drop them on the floor and leave them there, when i see this i nearly get sick i mean yock!!!

Advertisement