Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German College...

Options
  • 18-06-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

hey,going 2 alexandra college next monday...
    just wondering if anyone else has been there be4?what's it like?
    i'm going on my own, so just kinda apprehensive about it...:(
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I hit French College in Clongowes Wood College in July-August 2002. It was fantastic stuff, and I still keep in contact with a variety of people who were there.

I have heard good things about the people in Alexandra College from friends and relatives who went.

If you are friendly and open minded, it will be fantastic !

Good Luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 prawn

aine-maire wrote: »
    hey,going 2 alexandra college next monday...
    just wondering if anyone else has been there be4?what's it like?
    i'm going on my own, so just kinda apprehensive about it...:(
    thanks!

hey I went htere on my own two years ok, Im assuming it is ELC. Its brilliant its actually so much fun, but you will quickly learn that everything is "verboten". Actually i loved it so much I went back to work there last summer and im going this summer aswell (got promoted :D) but not to the course in Alex.
    Going on your own is fine, in fact its better because if you didnt come with friends you aren't used to speaking English to them and are therefore more comfortable speaking german to them and therefore less likely to get sent home for speaking english!"
    And anyway you'll meet loads of nice ppl there. Staff are lovely too (had to get that in there) if you have any questions feel free to pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cursive

went to the open LC german course in the Goethe. didn't really learn a lot TBH, mainly because everyone was at different levels, the woman spoke German all the time for aaaages and i love the language, but its hard to follow after a while. the course gave me a good indication(scare) i'd need to study for 6th year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

and what's alexandra college like? i went 2 the one in villiers a few years ago and it was pretty basic-cold showers,horrible food,very little storage space in the dorms...
    (i know it's not that important,but it's good 2 be prepared...!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hey I went last year to the course in Roscrea. I was by myself too, but you meet so many people and make friends so quickly. There'll be lots of others in the same boat as you! It's so benefical and the best thing is that you don't even realise you're learning! It's really helped me with German, especially aural and oral. I'm still in contact with loads of people from ELC, it's definately worth it!

• Advertisement

I went to french college 2 years ago by myself.. I was a little apprehensive at first.. but it really was a klass three weeks..

Lots of activities, lots of fun.. and you actually learn the language.. after a few days I was sleeptalkin in french.. tad strange.. but. meh.
    Met aload of klass people, some of which I still talk to now.

Go for it, Twill be great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

thanks everyone!just got back last week,and had a great time...really recommend it,my german's so much better!:cool:

Advertisement