Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Bass Player

Options
  • 18-06-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi all,

Existing 3 piece up and running a couple of years looking for bass player or guitarist that fancies a change to bass. At the moment we are sharing bass duties but this is proving a little awkward.

Influences are include:

Beatles, The Who, The Smiths, Oasis, OCS, The Jam, Metallica, U2, Morrissey to name a few..

Album recorded and at mixing stage. Own rehearsal place in Rush, North County Dublin. All 27yrs old.

Looking to rehearse at least once a week and gig once/ twice a month. Promotion of album and tour in plans for future.

myspace.com/chapmansociety

Cheers,
    Seany
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

*Quick Bump*

Playing Radiator at The Hub next Friday 27 June.

Please post below or pm if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bassfred

Hye man,

I'm a bassplayer and i'm looking for a band. I'm french and I've arrived in dublin since sunday. I live in the north in dublin in dublin 7.
    I've looked your myspace and i like what you do.

if you wanna know more about this my e-mail : wipsilence@hotmail.com

Thanks Bassfred, I have sent you an email.

Anyone else interested please let me know and we can set up a jam together.

Also, again might suit guitarist looking for change (we have backline and guitars).

Cheers,
    Seany

BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Interested, got some questions though (mainly to do with rehearsal times, etc. since I'm working fulltime).

Similarish infliences, Lizzy, Manics, that kinda stuff. Drop me a pm if yiz are still looking.

• Advertisement

PM sent to gerrowadat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Vic Mackay

Seany wrote: »
    Existing 3 piece up and running a couple of years looking for bass player or guitarist that fancies a change to bass.

Yeah, because any guitar player can just pick up a bass and play it. Sure isn't is nearly the same except easier? :rolleyes:
    Good luck with your band - your expectations are clearly high...

Now what what the point in that comment?? Clearly you have little else to do.

Never said bass was easier actually and I am not getting into that debate with you either.

I actually know two bass players now playing in bands who originally started on guitar and changed over as they preferred the four string approach...but jesus they must be the only two in the world. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your concern..now please piss off :D

Seany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 rdcgenyr

Hey Seany....
    Before I even start this post... I don't mean to offend ya in any way or start an argumentment and if it wasn't for the comments ya posted today in reply to Ric (even though I thought ya we're bein a little hard him cause I did agree with him, just not how he said it) I wouldn't have posted this....
    I started on guitar, switched to bass but it took me the last 8 years to get any good at it... so if ya don't find the guy ur lookin for from your add, PLEASE repost it and ask for a BASS PLAYER!!!!.... cause most would be insulted by ur original post.....

Have I wound ya up yet??? ...if not, send me a link to ur material, I'd like to check it out...
    Cheers
    Genyr

Thanks for the comment Genyr.

Original post didn't mean to offend anyone (sorry if it came across that way). I am aware that not every guitarist can play bass. I have been playing both guitar and bass in band myself for the past 3/4 years and can personally vouch that they are a very different animal!

My preference is the guitar if singing and bass if not (i know that sounds weird) but its almost like a different mindset when I pick up the bass and listen to the song.

This band is as much a studio band as live one and if a guitarist has certain ideas about a bassline or vice versa, i think it makes the process all the more interesting (thats probably what I meant originally).

End of the day we are three easy going chaps who like writing and rehearsing, recording music and playing gigs and looking for someone with a similar mindset to concentrate on bass duties.

www.myspace.com/chapmansociety (more tunes available - please PM)

Peace, love & cuddles :D
    Seany

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭This is

definetly interested, PM me if you get a chance.

PM sent to This is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Seany wrote: »
    Peace, love & cuddles :D
    Seany

Im in the band with you Seany and Ive yet to receive one cuddle. :mad: God knows Ive tried...

Folks, we can arrange a jam next week if need be.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 godhatesme

Hi,
    I know its a bit late if you're still looking for a bass player I would definintely be interested. I've own gear and transport and though I'm southside I'm willing to travel for the right band. Really like what you're playing too. My influences are Hendrix, Cream, Who and mainly classic rock, well I'm 29 so there wont be much Emo stuff in the cd collection ;) There's no panic if you have your bass player sorted but if you don't or it falls through give me a shout.
    Liamo.

PM sent to godhatesme

Advertisement