Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many times have you returned your xbox for repair/replacement?

• 18-06-2008 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Mines just after rroding for the second time, after only two weeks of getting it back, they were reasonalby quick about repairing it the first time, mainly because I shipped it back on the same day. This time I have to wait for a stupid parcel to arrive through ups, which adds on another 5 days. The first time around I got a new motherboard apparently, It feels more like a refurbished one to me. I noticed when it came back the power button on the front was very stiff and hard to press, and it sounded like there was an additional fan in there. The whole affair is becoming a real pain, the worst bit being that I paid over the odds for an elite because I thought it would afford some protection.

How many times has your xbox been repaired/replaced 32 votes

More than 5 times
    0% 0 votes
    5 times
    0% 0 votes
    4 times
    3% 1 vote
    3 Times
    12% 4 votes
    Twice
    6% 2 votes
    Once
    21% 7 votes
    Never had a problem
    56% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

I bought mine off a guy in the job, HALO(posts on here)

he had gotten a new one sent out because of a problem with his old one, but he had bought a new one in the mean time.

But its been about a year and a half since I bought it off him and not had any problems with it so far, and I do get to play it quite often.

Sometimes I wish it would break so I can jusitfy buying an elite

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got it 2nd hand over 1 1/2 years ago from Adverts.ie, and its still going strong.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

4 times!!

Though since I have bought an Elite, I have yet to have any problems at all, and my old broken xbox is sitting in front of my tv :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Once for me. Only time before it will happen again.

Also for those who voted no, just wondering how long you have had your console?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Never.....................yet :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I traded in my Premium for an Elite due to disc scratching and weird noises and increasingly crashing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Had mine since january this year btw... Only a newbie :D

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Oh god, not this poll again :mad:
    We must get it every 2nd week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I think it was repaired before I bought it secondhand, and once in the past year I've had it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

mcgovern wrote: »
    Oh god, not this poll again :mad:
    We must get it every 2nd week :(

Sorry, I meant to search and bump a previous one, but I kinda forgot in my grumpyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Never! I've had it since October. It has crashed twice or thrice and broken one disc. Not trés bad.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Didnt have to send it back yet but I did get the ring of death on it.. plugged it out and back in and it was fine :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Never yet. But I have had the odd "disc cant be read" and FIFA and EURO2008 randomly stalling....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Just the once for me RROD. One of my mates got his at the same time as me and had it repaired as it was scratching disks. Another got his at launch and has no probs. Except every now and then it scratches a disk of his to pieces but he's too lazy to replace it so just plays another game!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got it launch day and never had a prob!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Had mine since early '06, forget when exactly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got mine in early '06, it RRODed in April '07, then in May '07. It's been okay since it returned last August, but I'm fully expecting it to happen again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I sent mine back four times to get fixed and each time it took them ages to fix it ..They had the console more than I did so I got fed up and sold it.
    And I never got any free games or anything and I even asked if I would and they said no :( I loved my 360 but scared to get a new one after all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Once for me. Only time before it will happen again.

Also for those who voted no, just wondering how long you have had your console?

I had my first Premium about 4 months after launch. Not a bother with it. I got my current Elite on launch day, which is about 9 months or so ago, I think, and not a bother also.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Have mine over 2 1/2 years now and have not had any issues
    Does not get played as often as it should though.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

~Marky~ wrote: »
    I sent mine back four times to get fixed and each time it took them ages to fix it ..They had the console more than I did so I got fed up and sold it.
    And I never got any free games or anything and I even asked if I would and they said no :( I loved my 360 but scared to get a new one after all that.

I share your pain! :D Mine has gone bust for the 4th time and I'm just contemplating throwing it in the bin, don't know if I could bother waiting weeks for it to be repaired and then breaking sometime again later in the year. As for free games its not worth your time even asking them unless you really really want a copy of Viva Pinata or Perfect Dark Zero. They won't offer new releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I think I have returned 2, which is 2 too many tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

But was it broken cos you broke it or cos it was faulty? I know loads of people who went chipping and messin about and f**ked theirs up

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Think this thread has jinxed me...
    Initially said once but when I turned on this morning got the RROD.
    Mr Xbox is off on his holidays again...

So thats twice for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

This whole RROD business is a disgrace and Microsoft are getting off too soft with it.

Alot of money was paid for these consoles, with a huge amount suffering from the Ring, and Microsoft still haven't resolved the issue with the latest batches, but probably say "To hell with it, people can just send them back if they Ring".

They should cease shipments of the console until they can resolve the issue to within say a 5% failure rate.

Sure, it would cost them alot of money to do that, but they should be made paid for their cock up in the first place, and not us who fork out big money for their dodgy consoles.

Mine is on it's way back after the first repair now. I'll allow them three strikes, but anything after that and I'm going to rip them a new ass.

Advertisement