Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why so afraid to go it alone

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

portomar wrote: »
    to ALL you EU naysayers, holding up Iceland as abastion of what ireland could be EX-EU i say HA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Iceland_to_the_European_Union

Yeah, it was LOL at the time (you're a bit late to the party with that one), and even more so now, although it's negative to do so since it involves a lot of hardship for people involved. But it does show what life would be like for Ireland outside the big tent.

Unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

talk about digging up an old thread

i want the last hour of my life back reading this from start and not noticing the dates

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tlev

I suspected it was an old thread when it popped up and was on so many pages so quickly.

We could start a new thread as it could be seen as a relevant discussion, even though it leads to one conclusion. Ireland went it alone for a long time and got nowhere...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Ah i remember it well ... apparently I have 59 post in this thread, I'd say I have wasted enough of my life in this one already. :)

/Backs slowly away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Martin 2

tlev wrote: »
    I suspected it was an old thread when it popped up and was on so many pages so quickly.

We could start a new thread as it could be seen as a relevant discussion, even though it leads to one conclusion. Ireland went it alone for a long time and got nowhere...

my suggestion for the new thread title would be: Plan B - Ireland goes it alone:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Yeah, it was LOL at the time (you're a bit late to the party with that one), and even more so now, although it's negative to do so since it involves a lot of hardship for people involved. But it does show what life would be like for Ireland outside the big tent.

Unpleasant.

Iceland is already mostly economically incorporated into the EU [apart from the euro]

Maybe Iceland is a lesson not to invest too much in property bubbles... as has happened in USA, Ireland, Spain...

Being in or out of EU has little to do with plain stupidity

Edit: The thread title is good enough to give it a semblance of a pulse, but by god it's old stuff. Now where's that Lisbon I poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Being in or out of EU has little to do with plain stupidity
    No, but if you are stupid it obviously helps if you're in the EU.

Advertisement