Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book / Site Recommendations

Options
  • 18-06-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I've been fishing since I was a kid, but essentially I stuck with feather fishing for most of that time and therefore my catches are mostly limited to mackerel & pollack. At this stage I would like to learn a lot more about fishing and in particular bait fishing for other species from rocks / beach.

I would like to get some recommendations on a quality book which is not too advanced in introducing shore fishing skills & which outlines tackle & rod most suited to certain species / locations. I know that there are thousands of books on fishing - this makes it very difficult to chose one, so any advice appreciated.

Also, if anyone can recommend any online resources which give 'shore fishing tutorials' on what to use, where to fish, what you'll catch etc. please pass these on.

Thanks in advance,
    jAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

jArgHA wrote: »
    Also, if anyone can recommend any online resources which give 'shore fishing tutorials' on what to use, where to fish, what you'll catch etc. please pass these on.

Thanks in advance,
    jAH

www.sea-angling-ireland.org

there is everything you will need to know on that forum, and chances are someone will be near to you from the site and might give a few lessons in tactics and bait presentation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

thanks stevecrow I'll check it out

Advertisement