Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google adwords advice

Options
  • 18-06-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any expereince of using Google adwords?

I'm helping a friend with his site, and I'm stuck as to whiat budget to allocate... I understand it's relative to the company size, but I'm still a little lost.

I'm at the cost per click (CPC) point. What would you guys recommend for a starter budget? If I specify €1 per day, that's still a potential €365 per year - it's kinda steep!!

If this is the case with using adwords - fair enough, but I wanted to ask you guys before proceeding!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

sticker wrote: »
    I'm at the cost per click (CPC) point. What would you guys recommend for a starter budget? If I specify €1 per day, that's still a potential €365 per year - it's kinda steep!!
    Hopefully he would recover these costs in sales. You gotta invest money to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

€1 per day won't get you many clicks I'm sorry to say. Adsense isn't cheap when you consider it's only a click and each could cost you €1 you'd have to have your website 100% ready with the potential to sell your business or product.

If you work heavily on SEO its cheaper and in the long run will save you money but yes, slower to get people to your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

daymobrew wrote: »
    Hopefully he would recover these costs in sales. You gotta invest money to make money.

I understand that - and agree, I just wanted to ask what price structure people would recommend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

sticker wrote: »
    I understand that - and agree, I just wanted to ask what price structure people would recommend.

It all comes down to how much profit the person will make from a sale generated through these clicks. I had a client spending €100 a day but two sales covered his adsense costs so could easily afford it.
    Also it depends on how many ads are going to be around your clients ad that are more likely to get clicked before his. If you only spend €1 a day and to get up on the first page of ads costs 50cent/click then he will be gone in no time and thats his days spending over. Really ad sense requires a lot of investment but if what you are selling costs enough or is something in demand then its worth it.
    For someone starting out and just trying to get more traffic to their site you are better focusing on good SEO and marketing the website unless you really think ad sense will benefit but its a costly path to go down if you arent making the return. At the end of the day if clicks arent converting to sales your throwing money away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Thanks all for the good advice - much appreciated

Advertisement