Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reality

• 18-06-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Look,

while you can debate the Lisbon treaty all day long, the reality is as follows.

* It will be pushed through anyway, you are not free.
    * Whats this about opt outs??? Even if an opt out is in place it does not have to be used. A mere ploy to get more turn coats to vote YES.
    *The wagons have circled, and the push is on for a totalitarian EU state.
    *The boys in the dail are nothing. 80% of all laws already come from the lads in Brussels. (the bureaucrats not the politicians).
    * You will be issued with all manner of threats and doom/gloom stories.
    * The government is not there to serve you, reverse your thinking.
    *Politics is nothing more than a dog and pony show to please the public.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

thecaptain wrote: »
    Look,

* Whats this about opt outs??? Even if an opt out is in place it does not have to be used. A mere ploy to get more turn coats to vote YES.
    *The boys in the dail are nothing. 80% of all laws already come from the lads in Brussels. (the bureaucrats not the politicians).

whatever you are smoking i want some of it! the above is very paranoid thinking and is no way represents the reality

if any of the above crazy points were true do you suggest we just rollover and do nothing about :(

the best thing (the only good thing?) to come out of this referendum is the healthy political debate in this country
    the worst thing is every nut-job/paranoid, utra-nationalist and racist/xenophobic whacko seems to have crawled out of the woodwork over the last few days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

So tell me thecaptain, when is the anarchist revolution starting? And where to we get the guns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭thecaptain

turgon wrote: »
    So tell me thecaptain, when is the anarchist revolution starting? And where to we get the guns?

Are you mad??

The days of street fighting are over, with the technology these boys have you would be insane.

We need an educational revolution, people need to learn the facts.

The big boys are praying for riots as an excuse to introduce even more freedom grabbing laws.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

turgon wrote: »

Duh have to get a tinfoil hat first. :rolleyes: We can't arm you first and then risk "them" turning you on your own people with their mind control rays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

DAMMIT, HE'S FOUND OUR PLANS! Quickly, go ahead with the reincarnation of Hitler directive that was hidden in the middle of the treaty. HEIL EU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

marco_polo wrote: »
    Grabs hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

thecaptain wrote: »
    Look,

Cutting through the matrix? You need to lay off the Alan Watt BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I though about picking out each point in your post but then I slapped myself no what's the point. All I can say is I'm glad the extremists (I might say crazies but were not allowed to belittle a poster personally) on the no side are here to cancel FF's sheep on the yes. Other than make sure the hat's on good and tight.

Advertisement